Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aussies And Immigrants

Bibbs

"Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown.

Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state and its laws were made by parliament.

"If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you," he said on national television.

"I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia, one the Australian law and another the Islamic law, that is false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option," Costello said.

Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other country.

Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should "clear off".

"Basically, people who don't want to be Australians, and they don't want to live by Australian values and understand them, well then theycan basically clear off," he said. Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques."

AMERICA and Canada. ARE YOU LISTENING?

Quote:

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT.

Take It Or Leave It I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of

Australians.

However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia.

However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand This idea of Australia being a multicultural community has served only

to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle.

This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, Learn the language!

Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push but a fact because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It

is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, Because God is part of our culture.

We will accept your beliefs and will not question why, all we ask is that you accept ours and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.

If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like " A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. By all means keep your culture but do not force it on others.

This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this.

But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, "THE RIGHT TO LEAVE".

If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here.You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.

Pretty easy really, when you think about it. I figure if we all keep passing this to our friends (and enemies) it will also, sooner or later get back to the complainers, lets all try, please.

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE, PERHAPS WE CAN CREATE A GROUND SWELL AND SEND OUR POLITICIANS THE MESSAGE THAT THE

VAST MAJORITY OF US BELIEVE AS THE AUSSIES DO.........

Well it's been passed to me and I think the same applies in the UK.

Agree or disagree?

I'm not a racist person, but I totally agree with this. I wouldn't move to anothing country and demand it to change. So why should others.

(and it's always good to see a few politicians grow a pair)

If you choose to live in a country you should integrate yourself into their society. If that society does not follow your own values then why live there in the first place?

It does p1$$ me off that this country is being far too PC and kiss a$$ to people that choose to live here.

When we visit other countries we are expected to abide by their rules so why does the same not apply to countries like the UK?

I agree with that too, the people who move to a different Country must adapt & not the other way around :yes:

I am moving to OZ land, I heard on the radio this morning LBC 79.3 (I am in a hire car today) now there was this bloke from the Muslim council of Brittan on he said that the flag should be taken down as it racist and when he looks at it all he see’s is BNP he also said that they had spoken to Tesco and NTL and they now wont let the drivers put the flag up as it will offends people.. Tesco now might let people today as it's caused a ruck

I really think they should not let Nobends like that bloke on the radio…

I give up it's only a flag get over it

Doesn't anyone find it ironic that a country which has staunch immigration rules, is attracting the most potential immigrants (technically with the exception of Bibbs)? :laughing:

Peeps are threatening to leave, but will they actually make it there I wonder?

Doesn't anyone find it ironic that a country which has staunch immigration rules, is attracting the most potential immigrants (technically with the exception of Bibbs)? :laughing:

Oz basically says, come, join in, it's fun, but it's our game with our rules.

And a lot will not make it due to the "points" system to get into the country. If you can contribute to "Australia" you are welcome, if you can't, go to the UK.

Oz basically says, come, join in, it's fun, but it's our game with our rules.

And a lot will not make it due to the "points" system to get into the country. If you can contribute to "Australia" you are welcome, if you can't, go to the UK.

Point systems do seem to be the way to go. I wouldn't think of moving to another country without accepting their laws as my laws. I'm not ultra-religious though so I don't have a major problem accepting "political" law as I don't have a belief system that might come into conflict with political laws. That said, if I did, I wouldn't move to a country and then expect them to change their laws to accomodate me. That's just being selfish and egoist. Religion and State should never be combined, end of.

The day I'm having at work today.. any country that isn't full of two faced corporate t**ts sounds good to me!

The day I'm having at work today.. any country that isn't full of two faced corporate t**ts sounds good to me!

Here's hoping that we start colonising new planets soon then! ;)

Lord only knows how I coped without this site! Seems to be one of the only ones they haven't restricted yet.. :D

JAHill Posted Today, 12:30 PM

"Here's hoping that we start colonising new planets soon then!"

Problem is that this used to be a typical view adopted by our previous generations - go where we are not welcome, invade, kill their people off, take their land, then go there on holiday 200 years later.

I love Oz, the way of life overthere (well, on the east ocast where i was) was perfect. Its how living SHOULD be and i can totally sympathise with how frustraited the aussies must be. Its just a shame that a few extremist bellends ruin the name of an otherwise very peaceful faith of people.

Speaking as a British Muslim.. I agree with what the chap wrote as well.

And dont even get me started with PC... it has done 10x more harm for racial tension than to ease it.

Not one muslim person i know cares for Hot Cross buns or british flags being up everywhere! Infact loads of my mates are actually out wearing England T-shirts etc! :yes:

Amir Khan is doing a great job promoting the British Muslim and is an ideal person for kids to look up to. :thumbsup:

And dont even get me started with PC... it has done 10x more harm for racial tension that to ease it.

Yup.. it's all the stupid little things...

I've heard of instances where some schools won't allow Christmas cards for fear of upsetting kids from non christian families.. it has to be 'Happy Holidays' or some such rubbish.. If I got send a 'Happy .. whatever' card from a Jewish / Muslim etc.. friend.. I wouldn't instantly be offended by it, I think it would be rediculous to be.

and yeah.. as Fizz mentioned, I reckon half the people that kick off about this kind of stuff aren't the people that are supposedly offended by it!

Good stuff!!!!!!!!!!

Other national leaders please take note!!!!

and being another british muslim. threads like this bore me. you will find 99% of us dont give a crap about extremism, this, that or the other. just happy going about doing what we do, until some racist mo fo starts one or makes an issue of something that kind of tars everyone with the same brush. can any of you actually point at any muslim and say he is an extremist??

NO!

do you know why?

because they are all underground, just like criminals in parliament ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links