Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

This Gt4 Is Becoming A Nightmare

Chris.S

Every other week something is going wrong :crybaby:

This week the Cluctch Master Cylinder has failed, its now coming to the point where im thinking of getting rid and gettin somethin like a Corolla TSpt

Is it just mine or is everyone with a GT4 have similar problems

Every other week something is going wrong :crybaby:

This week the Cluctch Master Cylinder has failed, its now coming to the point where im thinking of getting rid and gettin somethin like a Corolla TSpt

Is it just mine or is everyone with a GT4 have similar problems

Bad luck mate, before it died mine was rock solid never had any problems with it. But other people like you have no end of problems. Just luck of the draw :(

Remeber most of these cars are over 10 years old now... On the up side you'll have a new car soon from all the bits you've replaced :P

Thats true, just seems never ending

only problem i had was 1 side needed the usual fig8 and lower arm doing... and a leaking front shock had to be replaced.... other than that.. no problems

dont get rid f it chris. you will regret it. master cylinder aint that bad to do 8)

Ive just ordered a kit, bit of a struggle to drive it though as the pedal keeps getting stuck down and i cant change gear

chck for fluid leaks as well chris. gt4s have a spring assisted clutch pedal that help depress the clutch. if theres air in there it will go to the floor.

if ever the clutch pedal goes it will be time to get rid though mate. whole dash and support bar out job

chck for fluid leaks as well chris. gt4s have a spring assisted clutch pedal that help depress the clutch. if theres air in there it will go to the floor.

if ever the clutch pedal goes it will be time to get rid though mate. whole dash and support bar out job

Thanks Lee

Fluid level hasnt dropped, looks like the seal in the master cylinder has gone. Everytime i press the clutch the fluid comes back past the seal and i loose the pressure in the system, so the pedal doesnt come back.

It shouldn't be too bad for you chris - don't you work at Holdcroft Toyota?? Trade Discount?? Free Labour??

It shouldn't be too bad for you chris - don't you work at Holdcroft Toyota?? Trade Discount?? Free Labour??

yeah, just its pretty difficult driving around stoke without a clutch pedal

Just go in rush hour - then you can probably leave it in 1st all the way :lol: espicially if you go near the A500

LoL

Its worse in rush hour cause it gets stuck in gear and you cant stop the car unless you stall it

i bet limekiln bank is fun for you then chris :eek:

yep thats why im using cromer road :lol:

i bet limekiln bank is fun for you then chris :eek:

yep thats why im using cromer road :lol:

I have to use Cromer road with the landrover - it's too embarrassing to drive at 10mph in 1st gear up Lime Kiln :lol: - Just check my garage as you go past on Cromer Road to make sure no-one has broken in :lol::thumbsup:

I'm just suprised I haven't seen your car yet. You practically come past my house, you go past my garage and I drive past your work quite often!! I've never seen a White GT4 in Stoke yet! I've seen a yellow one a few ties and I've seen a red one but that's it

I know how you must feel man, same thing happened to my Lotus on the day i picked it up :wacko:

GT4's are usually rock solid except for the fig 8's. Like has been said above, just luck of the draw :yes:

I'm just suprised I haven't seen your car yet. You practically come past my house, you go past my garage and I drive past your work quite often!! I've never seen a White GT4 in Stoke yet! I've seen a yellow one a few ties and I've seen a red one but that's it

Seen the yellow one myself but im normally in wotk for 7.30 and leave around 6.00 so you might miss me that way and my car isnt in view at work

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links