Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dripping Cold Water Leak

Cabbage

A few times recently I have had cold water leaking from my 2002 Yaris SR engine. At first I thought it was just overflow from the radiator but on Saturday I traced it to a weird, one inch tube/gromit type protuberence pointing directly down from underneath the passenger side bulkhead. It points down and drips directly over, and leaks onto, the front left rubber gator near the wheel. I have been using the air conditioning a lot recently. Does anyone know what this tube and leak is. Is it something to do with condesation overflow from the aircon? The water is clear, cold and tasteless. After I have parked the leak begins to slow down and then stops. It is not from the radiator and I don't think it is from the screenwash. Any suggestions?

Don't worry mate, it's the air-con condenser pipe.

The air-con works by chilling a refrigerant to a very low temperature, then there's condensation for this and it drips out under the car. No worries there.

The water is clear, cold and tasteless.

:lol::lol: TASTELESS :lol::lol:

have you a habbit of just finding strange things and testing them,

yea smell like sh*t

yea looks like sh*t

yea tastes like sh*t

wonder if it is shi*t

but yea if you have A/C then its 99% just the run off water :thumbsup:

i taste fluids under my car (depending on how the cars been driven) if it tases of s**t + grit its from the aircon, if it tastes like maple syrup its the evans coolant :P

Thanks for the assurance guys. I'll try not to make a habit of tasting dripping substances from my car in future!

Yeah, it's the aircon overflow sure enough.

Also be aware tho' for future reference, that the overflow pipe can become un~attached from the unit!

This will allow the water to drip into the passenger side footwell and make your carpets Very wet!

if this should happen, just pop it back on, takes about 20 seconds.

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links