Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

20.000 Mile Service

oriana

hi i've just been quoted £300 for a 20.000 mile service

the car xt3 d4d is just 2 years old and has done 13.000 miles and is now 2 yrs old does this sound like a lot.

the car xt3 d4d is just 2 years old and has done 13.000 miles and is now 2 yrs old does this sound like a lot.

Sounds a lot to me. My petrol XT4 (also 2 years old) cost about £100 for the second service. I've just booked it in for the 30,000 service and was told the cost is £118 + what ever parts they need. Is that £300 including parts & VAT?

Sounds a lot to me. My petrol XT4 (also 2 years old) cost about £100 for the second service. I've just booked it in for the 30,000 service and was told the cost is £118 + what ever parts they need. Is that £300 including parts & VAT?

yes all in but it sounds like a lot .

they said 20.000 is a large service.

yes all in but it sounds like a lot .

they said 20.000 is a large service.

Have you tried calling other local dealers either near your home or work. I found the difference can be ££££ :eek::eek:

Don't mean to sound funny but why don't you wait and get the 20k service when the car has done 20k as opposed to 13k?

Don't mean to sound funny but why don't you wait and get the 20k service when the car has done 20k as opposed to 13k?

they said because it is 2 yrs old it needs the 2 yr 20.000 service.

• 2 weeks later...

Oriana, sorry this is probably too late for you now but, I've just checked my service records and my 20,000 mile service cost about £155. This includes the service, parts, and VAT.

• 4 weeks later...

Just booked my Rav d4d xt4 in for a 20000 service one quote was £292 inc and the other was £262.00

Was the £155 for a diesel servce ?

...and they'd be quite right about this. All car servicing is based on mileage and time, whichever comes first. If you're not doing the miles, expect your service book to have some low mileage entries.

My old S2000 had its 30,000 mile service at around 16,000 miles... ;-)

In reality, you can bend these rules a bit. Some things last longer with low mileage (tyres, shock absorbers, brake pads / discs) whereas others last the same (oil, brake fluid) and others can have shorter lifespans with lower mileage - exhausts are the obvious example.

Good luck with your searching - my own D4-D has only got 4k on the clock, so I'm not in service-land yet :)

Daern

its a bit expensive... but they will do: oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, cabin filter, brake oil, differential fluid, lube the differential.

10,000 mile/1 year service is oil and oil filter only service...

Just booked my Rav d4d xt4 in for a 20000 service one quote was £292 inc and the other was £262.00

Was the £155 for a diesel servce ?

Nope, it was for a petrol engine service. My 30,000 service cost £68 as they gave me a discount for having it ready late :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links