Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Xtr Owner-hello

cabsandy

:D

Hi all,

First post so be gentle with me-I've had a Celica for the past 2 years but we finally took the plunge and swapped the Renault RX-4 for a shiny XTR D4D 05 plate, from Western Toyota in Edinburgh. We now have a fight to see who gets the RAV-4 as it is indeed different class!

Although I still love my Celica, the driving experience is great-and now I wonder how I ever managed without cruise control

I've been reading through the forum, whilst waiting for my registration to be approved and a few simple questions..

1) Reading through the handbook, it says the capacity of the fuel tank is 57 litres-but when I filled it up for the first time, I could only get 50 litres in-the fuel light had been on for a good 20 miles and the needle was right at the bottom so can somebody advise on the tank size?

2) Again on fuel-just before I swapped the RX-4, I switched to the BP Ultimate diesel and noticed a dramatic difference-about an extra 80-90 miles of drving for the same tank-has anybody tried this comparison on the RAV-4 and noticed a difference?

3) Is the mod for the rear door ok to do-it doesnt invalidate any warranty? rules and can you do it yourself?

4) Anything I should be looking out for on the XTR, in terms of unwanted surprises? The Celica is famous for the corrosion on the alloys (had them swapped once and will be again)

That's it for now-I'm off on a long drive to Dumfries in my RAV :thumbsup:

Cheers

Sandy

:D

Hi all,

First post so be gentle with me-I've had a Celica for the past 2 years but we finally took the plunge and swapped the Renault RX-4 for a shiny XTR D4D 05 plate, from Western Toyota in Edinburgh. We now have a fight to see who gets the RAV-4 as it is indeed different class!

Although I still love my Celica, the driving experience is great-and now I wonder how I ever managed without cruise control

I've been reading through the forum, whilst waiting for my registration to be approved and a few simple questions..

1) Reading through the handbook, it says the capacity of the fuel tank is 57 litres-but when I filled it up for the first time, I could only get 50 litres in-the fuel light had been on for a good 20 miles and the needle was right at the bottom so can somebody advise on the tank size?

2) Again on fuel-just before I swapped the RX-4, I switched to the BP Ultimate diesel and noticed a dramatic difference-about an extra 80-90 miles of drving for the same tank-has anybody tried this comparison on the RAV-4 and noticed a difference?

3) Is the mod for the rear door ok to do-it doesnt invalidate any warranty? rules and can you do it yourself?

4) Anything I should be looking out for on the XTR, in terms of unwanted surprises? The Celica is famous for the corrosion on the alloys (had them swapped once and will be again)

That's it for now-I'm off on a long drive to Dumfries in my RAV :thumbsup:

Cheers

Sandy

Morning Sandy,

Welcome to the forums. To answer a couple of your points:-

3: As far as I know the rear door mod doesn't invalidate any warranty, and is within the grasps of DIY (see my website http://www.unclepips.co.uk/ for fitting details).

4: My Rav suffers from corrosion on the alloys, but as it is out of the Manufacturers warranty they aren't covered in the extended warranty!!!! so i will have to live with it :crybaby:

Cheers, Phil.

Hi Sandy ,and welcome to the RAV4 section of the TOC :) .

As to your fuel tank question, all tanks have a reserve amount (how much further you can go ,when the fuel light comes on), this could well account for the 7 litre difference :thumbsup: .

Hi Sandy

Welcome.

Re: boot door catch - best mod so far - greatly improves practicality - 10 - 15 minute job - genuine Toyota part so no warranty issues - just make sure you fit something reflective to door edge and don't leave the door wide open when parked at road side at night - the only reason we get the smaller opening is UK lighting regs - the spare conceals the rear lights ...

Andy.

Thought I would "test-drive" the BP Ultima Diesel and get fleeced an extra 10p per litre for the privelage!

Below is extract from my excel spreadsheet that I keep (yeh, I know bit o.t.t. :) ). Filled up with Ultima on 28th June - did a little bit of pottering around town, then motorway drive down to Bicester at the weekend. Didn't notice any dramatic increase in MPG from using my normal Shell Diesel.

mpg.gif

Thought I would "test-drive" the BP Ultima Diesel and get fleeced an extra 10p per litre for the privelage!

Below is extract from my excel spreadsheet that I keep (yeh, I know bit o.t.t. :) ). Filled up with Ultima on 28th June - did a little bit of pottering around town, then motorway drive down to Bicester at the weekend. Didn't notice any dramatic increase in MPG from using my normal Shell Diesel.

mpg.gif

Good God Pips....... your only getting 37 mpg... :eek:

I try and keep a record of my mpg each time I fill up scribbled on the receipt (when I can get back to a pc to work it out) It has been averaging between 40 and 42 mpg.... My drive is country roads and A + B roads and motorway 32 miles each way to office... doing about 1800 miles a month..Tried BP Ulti but apart from costing more did not realy see much difference. Work pays 12p mile so just breaking even at moment. Getting about 360 miles to tank....

This is the site I use to work out the mpg:

uk-mpg-calculator

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links