Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Shock's Please

martin_longbow

After my recent woes with driveshafts and a wheel bearing change I took the car for a geometry check today and it was not on the ramp for long. Their guy spotted a very wet rear shocker so there was little point doing a check and adjustment since I need to pull it to bits agian.

Where would you get cheap shock's from. The car's lowered 30mm and I am looking to do the back at the mo with the front in a month or so.

Fensport? anywhere else ?

Sorry to hear that mate,

Not looked at Fensport, but chances are these guys will be cheaper ;)

HTH :thumbsup:

Isnt there a place in Wishaw , Gordons auto parts or something like that ? I got my civic spoiler from there - guy reckoned he could get me any part i needed then . I guess you tryed them ?

Thanks for the info and the help. I came accross the buyparts place, as far as I can tell they are standard replacements "KYB Excel-G"

My car is lowered on TRD springs and I dont know if the standard shock's will handle the uprated bounce factor of the springs, anyone done this or know of them?

Not expensive at that price 47 quid plus the vat

Cris, does Gordon do new parts. I have only bad experiences with him, you try taking a part back that he assured you would fit, and he knocks 25 quid off the price you paid him... lol

I think the standard shocks should be ok with 30mm :thumbsup:

I think the standard shocks should be ok with 30mm :thumbsup:

Thanks, I was thinking that I would go for them, there is a standard pair on flea bay but I dont think the chap is into organising delivery pick up only.. The new ones at that price are not so expensive. But after my wee run of bad luck I could do without... :crybaby:

Got the exel-g shocks on mine m8 , mines in lowered 40mm on spax and they have been fine for over 3 years now :) , one thing i'll say about doing the rear shocks its ***** easy but the anti roll bar drop links can be a right pain to get off , when i done mines i just bought new ones and cut the old ones off..

if your interested m8 there's a celica-club meet happening at Stirling services on the 29th , pop along if yer up for it :)

Thanks kev, very nice to know. Can order with confidence now.

Meet on 29th July. I will keep tabs on the meet section and try to make it

Cheers

Thanks for the info and the help. I came accross the buyparts place, as far as I can tell they are standard replacements "KYB Excel-G"

My car is lowered on TRD springs and I dont know if the standard shock's will handle the uprated bounce factor of the springs, anyone done this or know of them?

Not expensive at that price 47 quid plus the vat

Cris, does Gordon do new parts. I have only bad experiences with him, you try taking a part back that he assured you would fit, and he knocks 25 quid off the price you paid him... lol

He told me he can get anything i needed ? i guess this covers new parts ,maybe - dodgy kinda place though . I got an Accord Type R spoiler off him for £70 - immaculate . I've only ever been twice but both times i thought i got a good deal :lol: i 'm thinking you have NO LUCK at all ??? !!!!

:thumbsup:

Got the exel-g shocks on mine m8 , mines in lowered 40mm on spax and they have been fine for over 3 years now :) , one thing i'll say about doing the rear shocks its ***** easy but the anti roll bar drop links can be a right pain to get off , when i done mines i just bought new ones and cut the old ones off..

if your interested m8 there's a celica-club meet happening at Stirling services on the 29th , pop along if yer up for it :)

oh , private party or can any old celica turn up ??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links