Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dust... Do U Have The Same Problem?

hoho15

Well just cleaned my car yesterday and it was gleeming!!!! and come morning the cars already dusty finish work and its a clear layer of dust anyone know a safe way to clean it off or anything i can do to protect? the car has been washed polished then waxed

cheers hoho

Dust... Do U Have The Same Problem?
In a word... Yes :wacko:

Warm, dry weather.

You polish, run a cloth over, whatever, the interior of the car. The plastics especially gain an electrostatic charge and that attracts more dust. The dust in the air after disturbing it, also settles back down so you're back to square one there.

Outside, the air is also warm and dry. Little air moment means there is dust of all sorts, including pollen, hanging in the air. Cooler air at night allows this to deposit itself all over your car's exterior.

To sum up, while the weather is like it is, you're stuffed, as are we all. :yes:

Of course, once the weather changes...

There will be mud and rain containing pollution to worry about instead! :D

lol so basically i cant keep my car clean for a day lol o well wonders of washing your car i guess

• 4 months later...

Well just cleaned my car yesterday and it was gleeming!!!! and come morning the cars already dusty finish work and its a clear layer of dust anyone know a safe way to clean it off or anything i can do to protect? the car has been washed polished then waxed

cheers hoho

Well, I live in the Caribbean and it can get pretty hot and dusty here. So I understand how you feel. Only solution seems to be: keep washing and washing and washing, and polishing and polishing polishing, and waxing and waxing and waxing, over and over and over, again and again and again. :D

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

do you have micro fiber towels? they work very well in eliminating dust without leaving hairline scratches on the clear coat.

If it is only dust you can manage it with such as Quick Detailer from Meguiars and a Microfiber towel. Works very good.

Beware of sand!! Also with a microfiber towel sand gives scratches.

A safe solution is washing it with just water. When you use slow running water with almost no pressure the water runs down in one piece and not leaving much waterdrops.

Another solution, just use compressed air and blow it off.

At my old house there was a builders yard over the fence at the bottom of my garden, you can imagine what that was like when windy and raining!

Moved house now!

• 2 weeks later...

Black cars are the worst for showing it!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wax your car fortnightly and just use water/hose when you get the dust (daily?) as the wax will keep it from sticking to the paint.

Don't forget to dry it thoroughly!

• 4 weeks later...

Yes I do get dirt and dust of my car after I have cleaned mine.

You will notice it more, the more you keep cleaning it.

I think I was a bit crazy after it being waxed etc if i got one spec of dust on the car the whole car would be cleaned

• 11 months later...

:unsure: YES i also have a problem of dust on my car.

i daily washed and cleaned up it but this pollution make my car durty.

my car is good in looking it is of white colour.

i love my car.so that's why i take care of it.

i drive it slowly and if there is any problem on the road then i take care of my car. :)

:rolleyes:

janifer20

Wide Circles

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links