Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bad News Guys

dawesy

engines got to come back out of the rolla. looks like i've got a cracked ring.

since i've been able to run it it has been quite smokey, the a missfire prompted the plugs to be removed.

No 2 plug is wet through with oil. checked the stem seals but all seems well in that department so that only leaves a ring.

why i have no idea. possibly happend when re installing the pistons as they were all ok when the engine was stripped.

so with only a week to go i have given up. in fact the right offer could well see the rolla go as i'm just about %$(ed off with it!!!! :ffs:

still im going to JAE and i intend to enjoy it :)

see ya there

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Sorry to hear that mate

I was really looking forward to seein the Rolla.... :(

Hope its all sorted asap :thumbsup:

Rings rotate freely when you put them back in?

Use a ring compression tool to get them in and oiled bores/tool?

yep all that was done. had the piston out today (they have only covered 8000 miles and are in perfect order) cant see any thing wrong.

the engine has always suffered piston slap (common problem with forged pistons) so now thinking maybe the engineer bored it out a bit to much and the oil control rings are struggling. so itll be off back to be rebored and a set of 86.5mm JE's will be going in instead. pretty sure it isnt valve guide related now.

andy not as gotted as me. it seems this car just wants to keep kicking me in the nuts ! i wouldnt mind but i havent cut any corners with the rebuild either.

still ive got no worrys with the turbo providing the power i want. my mate has a simlar turb (same bar a slightly larger exhaust housing. according to the figures makes 40BHP more) and he has just got 470bhp at the wheels on a GT4. after doing the calcs it works out at about 624bhp at the fly. thats on BP ultimate and only 1.8 bar

Those figures are just incredible!! :drool:

whatever you do, don't sell it. it's sickening when stuff like that happens, but not as sickening as watching it drive away, for probably about a tenth on what you must have spent on it. not to mention all the time and effort. it WILL be worth it in the end :thumbsup:

thats what i keep tellin me self but the joy is going. hope it comes back with the sound of turbo spool and having me guts embeded on my spine lol :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links