Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T180 Owner

dan1

Greetings one and all!

Just got a 13k 2006 black T180, with all the trimmings. Cost to change on a 02 Lexus was 10750, so not a bad deal.

On delivery, leaky shock was repaired, new mats put in, then the valeter whacked the rear end right next to the big toyota logo with his pressure lance............ :crybaby: :censor: :eek:

#Suffice to say thats getting repaired, but it remains tobe seen how well it gets ironed out....

love the power, and love the fact we can find it in a car park infested with audis/mercs/bmws!

miss the lexus as it was a superb car, but did like to drink fuel and was impractical for european camping (bonjour sailor...) or trips to ikea and car boots.

miss electric seat, sunroof, electric mirrors, and needs air con all through.

removing most rear badges just to leave the 't180' as i don`t think that is emphasised enough.

anybody know the work around for enabling satnav on the move, given that the wife likes messing around with it! (when i`m driving that is)

lovely car, but want to put some conservative (ie non-chav) mods to it, but what on earth is available apart from xenon bulb upgrades....???? :D

ttfn

DAn1

Greetings one and all!

Just got a 13k 2006 black T180, with all the trimmings. Cost to change on a 02 Lexus was 10750, so not a bad deal.

On delivery, leaky shock was repaired, new mats put in, then the valeter whacked the rear end right next to the big toyota logo with his pressure lance............ :crybaby: :censor: :eek:

#Suffice to say thats getting repaired, but it remains tobe seen how well it gets ironed out....

love the power, and love the fact we can find it in a car park infested with audis/mercs/bmws!

miss the lexus as it was a superb car, but did like to drink fuel and was impractical for european camping (bonjour sailor...) or trips to ikea and car boots.

removing most rear badges just to leave the 't180' as i don`t think that is emphasised enough.

anybody know the work around for enabling satnav on the move, given that the wife likes messing around with it! (when i`m driving that is)

lovely car, but want to put some conservative (ie non-chav) mods to it, but what on earth is available apart from xenon bulb upgrades....???? :D

ttfn

DAn1

Hi There -

I have the 160sx - Mods to my car are minor, but good enough and relatively cheap -

- Rear PDC with sensors color-coded

- I've cut the bee-sting aerial to half size(makes it look sportier)

- Rubber boot protection mat - the soft type so I can roll it up when using the rear seats

- Stainless exhaust tail piece, thicker than the existing piece and slides over it(makes the rear look beafier)

- Added a hi-tone hooter unit to the standard lo-tone. This takes away the embarrasment when wanting to hoot.

I still want to get a horizontal cargo cover made. The solid type, as I don't like the net-type Toyota sells.

I often drive around without the tonaue(spelling??)cover fitted and a solid cargo cover would be able to keep some good out of site as well as preventing them from rolling around.

That's it

Regards

Erwin

• 3 weeks later...

Dan,

re mods - discrete is the name of the game..

Re the Sat Nav I find it equally annoying that you can't really tinker with it on the move..it's also damn annoying that you have to "agree to" Toyota's disclaimer everytime you switch on - anyone know if this be overridden ??

I also still cannot believe there is no way to switch of the engine but leave elecs running - guess they didn't think of that when they dreamt up the start/stop button.

ps I nearly traded my tspirit for your car but when it came to the numbers the dealer was havin a larf...

Greetings one and all!

ttfn

DAn1

• 3 weeks later...
I also still cannot believe there is no way to switch of the engine but leave elecs running - guess they didn't think of that when they dreamt up the start/stop button.

Ahem, without depressing the clutch, leave the ignition key in the socket and press the start/stop button once for satnav & radio, or twice for full electrics. ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links