Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Are Mudflaps Effective

davystokes

I live in rural Wiltshire and commonly get cow muck splashed up the side of my 2002 RAV. It is a natural binding agent and very difficult to get off. I am thinking of fitting Toyota mudflaps but they seem to be a bit small. Has anybody fitted these, and are they effective? Any experience with 3rd-party mudflaps?

thanks Davy

I fitted a set of Toyota mudflaps to my RAV4, they seem to do a good job....but then i'm just a town driver :P :) .

I live in rural Wiltshire and commonly get cow muck splashed up the side of my 2002 RAV. It is a natural binding agent and very difficult to get off. I am thinking of fitting Toyota mudflaps but they seem to be a bit small. Has anybody fitted these, and are they effective? Any experience with 3rd-party mudflaps?

thanks Davy

Davy,

I have the Toyota mud flaps fitted as standard and like you live in the country :) :) not so many cows here but the tractors do leave a nice coating of mud on the lanes and with this hot weather the roads are all cracking up and nice big pot holes appearing now, all ready for the winter and nice rain.......The mud flaps do keep the splatter down and helps on rear spay as well....also stops stone chips on sides of RAV....

I live in Wiltshire too mate and yes they do work, they keep the Cow cr@p off my RAV beautifully. I use Halfords Bumper Finish too as this leaves a slightly greasy finish it stops anything from sticking to it,Dead Flies Cow muck,you name it :)

I lasted one week with my '06 Rav before I got the dealer to fit me some 'flaps. Makes a huge difference on my car, especially to the back door and bottom of the front doors.

Daern

Could somebody kindly post a picture showing the mudflaps please.

Would quite like to see how they look before purchasing.

Thanks

Rich - Olde Bexley

• 2 months later...

Can someone tell me roughly how much mudflaps cost from a main dealer? Do they fit them, or is it easy to fit them yourself? I have a 2003 NRG Rav4. Thanks

Can someone tell me roughly how much mudflaps cost from a main dealer? Do they fit them, or is it easy to fit them yourself? I have a 2003 NRG Rav4. Thanks

I have a 3 door like you (2004 spec ), i bought a set of mudflaps from Toyota using my TOC gold discount card ,got then for £31.50, they come with very good fitting instruction, so providing you have a 10mm socket and a phillips screwdrive ,job should be done in a few hours :thumbsup:

Thanks Bob. Do you need to drill holes to attach the mud flaps to the car? I assume you do, and this would mean jacking the car up, and removing each wheel in turn? If so, that's a bit daunting - this is my first car,and I don't want to wreck it!

Have you got any pics of what they look like on your car? Cheers.

Thanks Bob. Do you need to drill holes to attach the mud flaps to the car? I assume you do, and this would mean jacking the car up, and removing each wheel in turn? If so, that's a bit daunting - this is my first car,and I don't want to wreck it!

Have you got any pics of what they look like on your car? Cheers.

All holes are already there, and due to the vehicle having good wheel to arch clearance you should be able to do the job with the wheels on and not jacked up.( although i did take the wheels off ,as i was painting the hubs and calipers at the same time ).

On the front you can turn the steering wheel from lock to lock to give more room :thumbsup:

This is the only photo i can find, will have a look for others late.....

Rav4Sideshot.jpg

Okay here we go, found a photo just after fitting them.....

RAV4RearShot.jpg

..and a shot of the rear mudflap ,

Rav4rearmudflap.jpg

:thumbsup: .

This is a shot of the painted calipers if you feel really enthusiastic :)

link

Bob, those calipers look well nice ( sorry to go off post) Not an hard job to do?

Clare

This is a shot of the painted calipers if you feel really enthusiastic :)

link

Bob, those calipers look well nice ( sorry to go off post) Not an hard job to do?

Clare

They are a bit tricky if you want i nice job, i took the brake pads out and removed the caliper frames ...but then i'm a fussy git :D .

Great pics Bob - My NRG is the same colour so it's good to see exactly how my car would look. Wow the calipers look really good. I wish I was brave enough to try - but I think the mud flaps will be enough of a challenge for now! It's a shame they don't make metallic colour coded ones!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links