Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leaking Water From Under Avensis

asn284

Hi can anyone help?

I noticed a trail of water after pulling up from a 50 mile round trip and saw that it was coming from the centre of the car, just rear of the two front wheels. It does not seem to be coolant as the levels are fine - and haven't changed. I left the car over night and this morning thought I would check the windscreen washer levels. The tank was nearly empty and I filled it right up. After a short run the car is leaking again,in the same place, and the windscreen washer level has gone down about an inch (without having used the washers). Could there be a leak in the pipework? Does it need a garage to fix it? I haven't tried grovelling right under the car.

I am talking about a 2001 Toyota Avensis, petrol 1.8.

Thanks

Alice

Hello :thumbsup:

If its behind the front wheels and roughly under where your dash is situated above it will just be the moisture coming from the air-con and dripping out of the pipe underneath, so no need to worry

Regards Mick

If you've had your air con on it will be water from that its normal. Get a dish place under leak area you should get clean water if so its of the air con and not a fault. If the washer level is going down and you place a dish under the area you will get a coloured fluid the same has in the washer bottle. My old corolla used to let a lot of water out when the air con was on it used to be like a river running down the drive, the avensis is more of a wet patch.

If you've had your air con on it will be water from that its normal. Get a dish place under leak area you should get clean water if so its of the air con and not a fault. If the washer level is going down and you place a dish under the area you will get a coloured fluid the same has in the washer bottle. My old corolla used to let a lot of water out when the air con was on it used to be like a river running down the drive, the avensis is more of a wet patch.

Thank you both so much - yes I had the air con on, and it's a wet patch, so I'm pretty sure your diagnosis is right.

What a relief!

Alice

I would agree-there can be quite a puddle, but with the current warm, humid air, the cold condensor will build up water like no ones business.

You should be fine, but do check-hate to see you break down due to a coolant leak!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links