Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My New Trd Look, What Ya Think?

mr2lover

Hey guys

well been a long old bit of work but finally finished. not the best of pics but you get the idea 8) . Will get some better pic tomorrow :D

1e2b5383.jpg

35ac85c6.jpg

745eb16a.jpg

2613371f.jpg

13a25f40.jpg

Thanks for looking

Again I wonder where you get the cash... and can you send some my way! lol :P

looking nice.. not sure about the white pods sat on the dash tho :P

looks brilliant appart from them white pods, Looks like someone has put some yoghurt pots upside down on your dash ;)

Love the way that you can see the engine, a nice touch would be having the engine bay light up at night :)

Absolutely stunning...

Only part I don't like is the vented front bonnet as it serves no purpose on a mid engined car, love the trd look and the flat headlights are stunning :D

Absolutely stunning...

Only part I don't like is the vented front bonnet as it serves no purpose on a mid engined car, love the trd look and the flat headlights are stunning :D

Is it not to aid cooling to the front radiator? Let hot air escape/pass through it and over the car..........like many super cars...MC12, Ford GT, Elise etc etc...

Not a fan on a car that it isn't designed for but each to their own. And you can't beat Rev 6 lights :D Good effort :thumbsup:

Joe

OXFORD? i knew i'd seen that before.

and one thing about the kit.... oh! AH!!! i think this feeling is JEALOUSY!!! but i think the standard look on the mr2 looks nice anyway :D

the flat lights are awesome, not thinking about changing mine unless they break though, i dont think they'd look as good without the kit though.

but agree, i think the only bad part of the car is the vented front bonnet, the whole car would look ULTRA smooth if it was an oem.

still dam nice, what engine is that by the way? looks like a celica gt4 top from there but not sure, and i bet i just went and made myself sound stupid :lol::lol::thumbsup:

hi guys

Answer some of your Q's the front lights i made myself but unfortunalty wont be making any more, Same goes with the clear rear lid but i am making at the moment a clear engine lid that will fit onto standard hinges. So will let you know when done for thoughts.

The vented bonnet is a border one and a real one which allows for the air to escape from behind the radiator quicker and easier, Since fitting this my powerfc read alot cooler water temps and with the engine im running needs to be.

Here is a pic to show how it works

Madpsi.net%20-%20SW20%20-%20Vented%20Hood%20Diagram.jpg

Also helps as i have 3 rads up front to cooler the water in my chargecooler aswell which i used of a celica gt4. The mr2 have great problem with cooler chargetemps, with the chargecool this is not a problem as you run 2 small rads at front to cool water which then cools charge.

The car was running 300 bhp at the wheels which is like 350 bhp but will be 400+ next week after fitting new gt30 turbo and tuning at zen.

here is my spec incase any wants to know

Uk GTI N/A converted to 3SGTE Turbo

ENGINE

2.0 3sGTE lump

HKS air filter,

Departure pro 2 exhaust

ST205 Chargecooler,

GT3071R turbo|.50 a/r .63 a/r

External Wastegate setup

Ross 86mm Forged Pistons with new rings

Cosmetic 1.2mm metal Head gasket

Port and polished Head

ARP head bolts

Mocal Oil cooler

AP Engineering Apexi Powerfc

Sard 800cc Injectors

Sard Fuel Pressure regulator

Custom Dual feed fuel Rail

Braided fuel and oil lines

GM MAT sensor

MAP sensor Conversion

Xspower t3 downpipe (Custom made for Gt3071r fitting)

Xspower t3 manifold (Custom made for Gt3071r fitting)

Bosch water pump for chargecooler

Walbro Fuel Pump

3sgte Rev3 cams

TVIS gutted

1.6 Bar map sensor

New Polished crank

2 x Spal Fans,

Greddy Profec B Spec II boost controller

Blitz dump valve,

Samco hoses,

Trd ignition lead,

2 x Gilera Pre Rads for Chargecooler

Every engine gasket replaced doing rebuild

yo zebidi

another oxford guy. You going to jap show finale or any other show, Could convoy if you are

maybe maybe not, it depends, traction control is bneing fitted at the mo so if it comes back in time then yeah i will go, cos i havent visited any shows this year.

yo zebidi

another oxford guy. You going to jap show finale or any other show, Could convoy if you are

maybe maybe not, it depends, traction control is bneing fitted at the mo so if it comes back in time then yeah i will go, cos i havent visited any shows this year.

Get off these forums... Traction Control he says...Pahh! We are men of steel in these parts.. :lol:

Get off these forums... Traction Control he says...Pahh! We are men of steel in these parts.. :lol:

its just so its safer in the rain, like foook am i gonna have it on on dry roads :D launch control came for an extra 80 quid too i think ;) cant beat that value

like the headlamps....

never been a full fan of the TRD kit

but the rear screen :yucky: sorry dont like that at all

fair play for the work gone in though :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links