Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anti Roll Bar Bush

me&mygt

What is it, Where is it and how do you repair or relplace it. Help pls, this knockins doin my tree in.

front or rear ???

It's a long bar that goes across the body & curves at either end. Two u-bolt fixings in the middle of the bar & bolting onto the drop links either end. F+R are pretty much both the same. I would replace the drop links at the same time.

i'd wrap a sliver of bicycle inner tube around the anti roll bar and refit the old bushes myself first before replacing any thing else . it cured mine and lots of guys on here did the same with good success.

its most likely the rear ones thats knocking/tapping just forward of the petrol tank going in from the rear ( oh !!! MATRON ) look on the chassis you will see 2 U shaped cups with a 10mm bolt either side , in the middle of which is the rubber bush cupping the anti roll bar.

Cheers Guys. Yeh it definately is coming from the back. Took it to kwik fix, the guy took it for a test by himself, came back and said he couldn't fault it. Must have had earplugs in. It's a constant knock and very annoying. I'll have a good look at it tomorrow. Cheers for ya help.

Paul

What can i say... You people are great. Did the work on the anti roll bar bush by adding a piece of rubber inside the old rubber bush and it's perfect. No more knocking :yahoo: ..... Thx. Have had a diagnostics and vehicle heath check by Toyota and they reckon that the knocking was poor shockers, Quoted 338 quid and said they would be happy to do the work. i'm happy with a free bit of rubber.

cheers

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links