Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Steering Rack Under Warranty - Sub Frame Is Not?

dew

My steering wheel was making noise and since it was under extended warranty from toyota, thought would be nice to get it replaced. gave the car in earlier today, and was sitting in pub (yeah tuesday..) having a nice pint and this maggot called me and said i need to fork out 700 for repairs... :ffs:

Apparently, the steering rack is getting replaced under warranty but the subframe has some bolts frozen/seized and needs replacing :eek: ... which isn't covered by warranty. If i don't get it done, the car wont b safe to drive.. So the only choice I have is to say yes :(

Can someone confirm that subframe is not covered by toyota extended warranty? :help:

Am sure they are making this up but hv no way to prove it.. Spoiled my afternoon , day and week Am so ****** (and it's not 'cos am drunk).

WORST bit is that i don't have any way to prove anything? Am totally screwed and out of pocket.

Life sucks (as of now at least) :yawn:

If I were you I'd just carry on drinking :D

Get Toyota to sort the rack, under warranty, and tell them you dont wanna have the subframe done. Sure if you take it to an independent garage you wont fork out anywhere near 700 quid.

They have to remove sub frame for steering rack anyway, so it is their responsibility!! They are taking the :censor:

Do not pay it & tell them you will take it further.

My dad had a new steering column, steering rack and sub frame under the toyota extened warranty, when his car was making a noise on the steering. Total bill should off been over 1000quid but he paid nothing.

It will be Aon (the insurance company) that are arguing the toss. I had issues with them when I had my brake discs replaced and they didn't want to pay for the pads since they weren't covered under warranty. I thought it was rubbish, what garage in the land will give you new discs without pads?

In the end I got in touch with the SMMT (http://www.smmt.co.uk/) and they were prepared to get involved. Once Aon knew this they agreed to the extra cost. Apparently it was an exgratia payment, but if you have a strong case they will find it hard not too.

As someone who used to work in insurance I know once you (the company) have to start dealing with watchdogs it becomes a lot of hassle, admin and cost.

Most of them will try and avoid it.

It's getting more interesting by the min.

Apparently the guys at Inchcape replaced the steering even before getting the approval from warranty people. So warranty rejected the claim for steering rack as well.

Rang up warranty comp to understand the reason for rejecting the sub-frame claim and they responded that they needed to view and assess before approving the subframe repair. They hadn't refused the claim point-blank. But since the vehicle was already repaired they had to refuse that. Now am going to ask them to send this to me in writing and would take this with dealer. If they can't wait , they !Removed! well pay for it! They already paid for steering rack :)

It's getting more interesting by the min.

Apparently the guys at Inchcape replaced the steering even before getting the approval from warranty people. So warranty rejected the claim for steering rack as well.

Rang up warranty comp to understand the reason for rejecting the sub-frame claim and they responded that they needed to view and assess before approving the subframe repair. They hadn't refused the claim point-blank. But since the vehicle was already repaired they had to refuse that. Now am going to ask them to send this to me in writing and would take this with dealer. If they can't wait , they !Removed! well pay for it! They already paid for steering rack :)

I had a problem with O2 sensor and they had to replace my cat as well due to siesed screws so they did and covered it under warrenty when it would not usually be covered, they have to honour this with you

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links