Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4a-ge Twincam 20v

csx_seth

Sup,

Im after some stats on the imorted twin cam 20v engine 1.6L. I am contemplating doing an engine conversion from my current engine (4a-c) to the 20v. I know it bolts up all i wanna know is things like 1/4 mile time and dyno results for the stocko engine. I also wanna know if there are any major problems with the conversin itself, i realise that ecu and loom are my main concern but enerything else seems pretty simple. anyome give me a poiunt in ther right direction, any info would be much apperciated.

talk to fensport they know most things about this engine

• 3 months later...

so are u drving the AE111 jap model ??

i love it really much ,and i currently got the G6R u know the uk AE111 ,and i am think to put the black top 20 V cylinder head into my car with out changing the bottom end. Does it work???

instead i need to changing the whole things.

i think we are doing da same things tho ^^

• 4 weeks later...

I'm also after a 20V 4A-GE, my current 4A-F just isn't enough for me.

If anyone can help me out on where to find one in relatively good condition, and if it will fit my AE101 without major problems.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

hi there,

i have run my silvertop 20v on the dyno (hub dyno) at approx 5000kms after a full rebuild and it made 78.6kw at the front wheels, my car at that time was std factory specs (exhaust, filter etc)

also my friend who has a blacktop 20v (higher compression, lighter internals) ran on the dyno on the same day, and managed 95kw at the wheels. Although his car was fitted with a 2.25" catback exhaust.

i have my engine in an ae101 2door corolla body (known here as a jap import "corolla fx-gt") and have yet to take it down the 1/4 mile, but my friend has his blacktop in an AE111 Levin and has run a 14.901sec pass at the local raceway.

there arent big numbers with either engine if they're unmodified, but theres plenty of potential in them

hope that helps a bit

• 4 weeks later...

I'm also after a 20V 4A-GE silvertop, my 4A-F is way too slow.... I went down to a local shop that imports japanese auto parts and I found quite a few of them there going for $400. When I get some more money i'll go n get one.

• 1 month later...

Hello guys, i need some parts for my 4A-GE, I email to TRD USA, but they never reply to me, if you know any company in USA who can help me, please let me know, i'm building a rally car Gr. A

• 3 weeks later...

:D :D :D

Hi guys,...

i also need help on that... i meant the engine thing.

i have no idea bout the 20v, but i am currently driving a ae110 japanese model. the one with airbags and abs.

was wondering, will the 3s gt fit into the engine chasis?

my current engine is the 5a-fe, man,... only 1.5L... very slow. and is auto somemore.

i wanted and wish that i can mod it into a 3s gt, with manual gear,...

already had a kyb adjustable absober front and rear, and ekzos system...

needed help....

thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links