Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Not A Happy Man 2day

chris@yoco

well i am pretty ****** off 2day

you pay ur road tax and still this **** happens

driving to work as normal so i would not expect this as i drive the same road everyday

i come across this

DSC00107.jpg

DSC00106.jpg

DSC00105.jpg

DSC00104.jpg

DSC00103.jpg

DSC00102.jpg

DSC00101.jpg

then this %$(ing happens

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

DSC00111.jpg

DSC00110.jpg

DSC00109.jpg

and just round it off you can't buy these wheels anymore from toyota :x

Send those pictures to the council mate. Get them to pay for the damage mate :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Send those pictures to the council mate. Get them to pay for the damage mate :thumbsup:

jerry!!

yep thats what i will be doing but i have been informed if no one else has reported it they will not do anything

jerry!!

I tried that, no joy. They said the roads are checked every 3 months. If the accident happened within that 3 months you could'nt claim.

That sucks mate :(

Don't know how well the claim with the council will go though :unsure:

That sucks mate :(

Don't know how well the claim with the council will go though :unsure:

Failing that it will have to be the insurance job :(

jerry!!

Send those pictures to the council mate. Get then to pay for the damage mate :thumbsup:

jerry!!

yep thats what i will be doing but i have been informed if no one else has reported it they will not do anything

The way I think it works is the council can't be held responsible for it if they're not aware of it. If they've been aware of it for 24 hours then they can.

A less scrupulous person might get someone to make them aware of it, say on a Friday afternoon. They could then claim their car was damaged on the Saturday evening, given the chances of it being fixed in the meantime are slim. :!Removed!:

Its shocking the way the council is allowed to behave towards motorists. You can bet that if they had a wonky paving slab on a pavement that you wouldn't have to make sure they knew about it before everyone is tripping over it and claiming compo off them. I wouldn't normally condone defrauding people, but I'd make an exception for this. We pay enough to have decent roads rather than the garbage we've got as it is, without having to fork out for what should be their responsibility anyway.

jerry!!

I tried that, no joy. They said the roads are checked every 3 months. If the accident happened within that 3 months you could'nt claim.

That's weird, because my colleagues mum buckled her wheel due to a big hidden hole in the road & the council replaced her wheel & tyre without any fuss :unsure:

i just have try and see what happens

i have also been told if the they are not aware of the pot hole it's a no go so might sort get a m8 to phone up and then i start my claim with them

but if still no joy it would have to be insurance i have my no claims protected now

would this be any help as the last thing i want is to loose my no claims bonus

and i get myself a full set of new wheels not dure what will happen as you can't get the old style sports wheels anymore

will they pa for a new full set of after market wheels this also a question for the council if thay do anything

chris :( :(

jerry!!

That sucks bottom. I had exactly the same happen to me this time last year - 2 wheels buckled. I went in to a very long (3 month!) letter battle with the council and their insurers (as the council claim its down to their insurance to pay out not them), and eventually gave in as I wasn't getting anywhere without having to take it through legal proceedings which I may or may not have won.

Look on the bright side though (difficult at the minute, I know!), at least you can get some nice shiney new wheels!

i just have try and see what happens

i have also been told if the they are not aware of the pot hole it's a no go so might sort get a m8 to phone up and then i start my claim with them

but if still no joy it would have to be insurance i have my no claims protected now

would this be any help as the last thing i want is to loose my no claims bonus

and i get myself a full set of new wheels not dure what will happen as you can't get the old style sports wheels anymore

will they pa for a new full set of after market wheels this also a question for the council if thay do anything

chris :( :(

There are a few things to consider if you're going to claim on your insurance. First, although your no claims bonus is protected and you'll still get the same percentage discount off the basic premium, you'll end up paying more come renewal anyway. The insurance company will say that because you've made a claim, you're more likely to make another one and so load the basic premium accordingly.

Also, have you declared the wheels on your car to the insurers (they're not standard are they?). If not then they won't be covered so you can't really claim anyway. Even if you have, some of the insurers that seem to cover modifications quite cheaply (Elephant for example) don't actually cover the modification at all... You declare it, they load the premium a bit to reflect your increased risk but then the small print says they'll only replace with standard parts.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links