Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Consumption Avensis 2.0

sbasu

Hi,

I also own an Avensis 2.0 D4D with GPS, but even in this case the consumption is wrong. The thing is that the MPG that the computer shows is quite inaccurate. As an example, I get 50mpg on the computer, but when I refill the car and do the calculation by myself I have a 42mpg value. The error is always about 15 to 20%. I think that the computer may have some kind of problem.

Have anyone of you tried to do the consumption calculations by hand?

I've got a 2 ltr D4D 2001 model.

The displayed average MPG is usually somewhere in between 28-29mpg,

but the calculation for fill-up to trip mileage usually comes out at 32-35mpg.

Driving around town certainly kills the fuel consumption. :crybaby:

HI guys,

I have Avenisi 2.0 litre,semi-auto,T4.

My mpg is about 18 to 24 around the town(crying) but on the motorway is much better I see about 35-42.When 42 was the best result as I ever have seen but when I did calculation by hand it was a little out of result.From cpu was about 40mpg which is about 7,5 litre per 100 km but I did refill about 10,2 up to full!.So I do n ot understand this.

Wojciech

• 4 years later...

:angry:

I have driven my 55 reg avensis for the first 6 months. To my surprise the mpg on the car computer reads only 25mpg now. I generally do driving inside the town and have never managed beyond 28mpg.

Is this normal for a 55 reg 2.o avensis hatchback?

hi .i have a 2.0 petrol auto ,it does about 23 to 25 mpg .when i fill it up is says on the range 250 miles.as well i work for a toyota dealer and they say it not good so next week we are going to remap the ecu and download a new software .i had this car six month .it on a 53 plate evry time i fill it to the top.cost me 50 pound on 250 /265 mile a tanks...not happy with it.....they are good car ,,,,so i will let you know how it is when they do it...chris

sorry for bringing up a very old thread however i am exactly in the same situation and your reply seems tobe the most relevant to my case, can you please let know your experience what you did to improve the mpgs??

thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links