Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Insurance

AJB

Its got to that time of the year again were i have to attempt to find a reasonable quote on my 1.0l. So far i have managed to get a quote down to £704.88 which is a considerable improvement on the majority of others which where around the £1200 mark :eek:

Really dont think it helps that i have been on my mums insurance for the last 3 years, two and a half of which i had a full licence, so dont have any no claims bonus.

I was just wondering whether anyone else has managed to get anything slightly better at the age of 20 and if so which insurance companys?

I found admiral & elephant pretty cheap, admiral being £300 cheaper than elephant and they are part of the same company and even work in the same building.

just have to shop around, as the quotes will vary for each person.

depending on if you have any mods on your car some companies won't insure you with the mods untill your 21

How old are you, and who have you tried so far? I am ancient (26 next week :eek: ) and a girl, so my insurance is mega cheap anyway, but I've only been driving for 18 months. I had to add £80 to my current policy with Norwich Union for my car, so it would cost me roughly £340 for the year, going by what I'd already paid for my old car. I've not had dealings with either myself, but Quinn Direct and ecarinsurance are both supposed to be very good for younger drivers.

Also add your mum as a named driver on your policy - putting my partner on (who does driver the car), brings the price down by about £100.

How old are you, and who have you tried so far? I am ancient (26 next week :eek: ) and a girl, so my insurance is mega cheap anyway, but I've only been driving for 18 months. I had to add £80 to my current policy with Norwich Union for my car, so it would cost me roughly £340 for the year, going by what I'd already paid for my old car. I've not had dealings with either myself, but Quinn Direct and ecarinsurance are both supposed to be very good for younger drivers.

Also add your mum as a named driver on your policy - putting my partner on (who does driver the car), brings the price down by about £100.

Ancient ??? I'm 28 this year :(

Insurance is cheap for me i think it was a few hundred, policy is in wife's name with me as the main driver. Works out cheaper that way.

I'm with Admiral and at the age of 24 i pay roughly £600 fully comp with hire car cover, not bad considering i have a manchester postcode!!!!!!!. I hear they are good for people with zero no claims too!! :thumbsup:

Have you tried confused.com? I know they'r always advertising on TV, but iv used them for about the last 4 years and they've always come up with decent quotes :yes: . Just have to try elephant etc aswell as they're not included in the searches.

Hi, i'm 21 and got insured on my T-Sport for 700 quid so you should be able to get insurance much cheeper on a 1.0l.

Brad =)

Ancient ??? I'm 28 this year :(

I just forget that I'm not 18 anymore, sometimes! :lol:

I know depressing isn't it, i never act my age tho :lol:

Ahh, you lot are babes in arms, I cant belive it 50 this year ,am I the oldest on here?...still my insurance is £234 +partner

jst got my renewal thru

in my mams name

19 yo

2 years driving

2 years riding on a motorbike

1 crash

£2200

'HowardL' 50 is still young !!!!!! :crybaby:

My insurance on my Corolla is only £172 + other drivers ( with guaranteed protected bonus ) !!!

At least age helps sometimes !!! :thumbsup:

Im 20, male, cd player is the only mod and have no crashes. Apperently i cant use my mum as the main driver as im living away at Uni in loughborough at the moment and my mum doesnt want to risk it!

Just tried admiral and elephant and both came out at about £900, however the woman on the phone for elephant said she could transfer me to another company which can usally provide cheaper insurance than them, but they were having problems with there computers or somthing so asked to call back in an hour or two. Quinn Direct was £1200 and ecarinsurance £1700!

Confused.com managed to get it down to £669.58 which is a bit better. Still thought it was a fair bit for a little 1.0l

I supose thats one thing to look forward to as i get all old, nice cheap car insurance :P

Swiftcover.com :thumbsup:

I'm a laydee, 25, 3 years no claims (with 2 previous accidents, not my fault but declared), 3 years driving, I pay just under £300 fully comp.... mines due for renewal in March and hopefully it'll go down a bit more

But Swiftcover were by far the cheapest quote I got! :thumbsup:

ZOMGZ!!!!

Some of you guys are getting hooned for insurance!

I was paying £515 for the Yaris fully comp, at 22 with 1 claim, 1yrs NCB, and with my sister on as a named driver (lads - if you've got a lass to hand, stick em down as a named driver - more often than not, it helps!).

When I swapped to my Vectra, my insurance went up to about £650 F/C.

Not too bad considering the difference between the two cars...

This is part of the reason I'm changing cars, at 28 a Yaris Tsport is about £280 fully comp NCB protected for me with Churchill. As it is im paying £480 fully comp ncb protected for the Teg :crybaby:

£480 aint bad for that beast!

Think about what you used to pay for your little car when you were our age and look at the teg now :P

Ahh, you lot are babes in arms, I cant belive it 50 this year ,am I the oldest on here?...still my insurance is £234 +partner

No............ I am just a few years older than you and pay nearly £100 less than you for Fully Comp with NCB protection and uninsured losses :)

I supose thats one thing to look forward to as i get all old, nice cheap car insurance :P

Yes it does get cheaper :yes:

Swiftcover.com :thumbsup:

Swiftcover offered me £2000 :eek:

Thinking im going to stick with the £669.58, just hoping i can find the funds before the meet on the 18th!

Many moons ago I got a very good quote from Tesco for my 1.0S.

I'm older than most members, but younger than many ;)

A

ZOMGZ!!!!

Some of you guys are getting hooned for insurance!

Haha that made me laugh! Unfortunatley Jon, because Manchester and its environs has a high population of chavs, boy racers and car thieves, insurance companies are laughing all the way to the bank. Its something we don't really have any control over... Unless we move to some 250 population village in the foothills of mount snowdon!! :P

jst got my renewal thru

in my mams name

19 yo

2 years driving

2 years riding on a motorbike

1 crash

£2200

OUCH!!! thats BAD!!

I drove my mums car for 3 years on her any driver from 17yrs old and that was 700 quid even after my little crash. and its on a t-sport.

never paid over 700 and don't intend on doing so!

although i have been speaking to some guys at work who have managed to get 230+ BHP out of their saxo's so i am thinking of going a little crazy once the funds become available and i can find another t-sport engine to play with on a dyno.

BTW does anyone know what rev limit you can go to before having to do bottom end work on the t-sport engine? its 8kRPM on a saxo but thats a cast iron block.....

Any Thoughts?

Brad =)

You won't manage that figure and to be honest I doubt they will have either...

You're looking at maybe 140bhp before you have to go to forced induction. NOS does almost nothing to a petrol Yaris btw.

I have never insured my car under anyone else's name and paid over £650 for my first year with no NCB, but admittedly that was for the middle of nowhere and I was 23/24 at the time.

A

You won't manage that figure and to be honest I doubt they will have either...

You're looking at maybe 140bhp before you have to go to forced induction. NOS does almost nothing to a petrol Yaris btw.

I have never insured my car under anyone else's name and paid over £650 for my first year with no NCB, but admittedly that was for the middle of nowhere and I was 23/24 at the time.

A

Yup the engines are forced induction and those figures are real, a friend has been running his saxo VT(something) at 8000RPM rev limit for 50k miles with out a problem.

also believe someone in scotland has achieved over 300 BHP from their saxo engine, but they have spent STUPID! money on it.

Btw if you were wondering how much horsepower you can get out of a 1.5litre engine with forced induction....

a figure of arround 1500 - 2000 BHP is possible. but then you would need an F1 sized budget.

Brad =)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links