Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Insurance

yaristpot

Ok its that time of year again.... ive been shoping around like a good little chimp and managed to save myself £200.. :D

... then i got thinking, as a few of you know i have a few little golfs and seem this weathers holding up i thought i may bring the cab out to play.... does anybody know any companyes that will alow me to have a second car for very low millage on the same pollocy??? or any other ways around this little problem????

Thanks for reading.

Dan :thumbsup:

Hi mate, I looked into getting a second car so I didn't have to use the supra every day but as far as i found out it can't be done because effectively it's taking out another policy and you can only use your NCB on one car so theres no benefit to be had. The companies I spoke too also didn't give a discount worth mentioning for low milage policies.... hope that helps!

Its comeing up to that time for me aswell.... just wondering if i should declare an engine swap... might up the price up by £1000. Ryan, which company did u recommend?

try direct line too- they underwrite tesco apparently so it's cheaper for some people and they offer the same service....

Of the 50 odd companies I tired, only a few would even insure me (25, Full NCB, Garaged, Safe area etc etc) - I ended up with adrian Flux as they were by far the cheapest at £950...

blimey.. must pay to be old then.. got a quote of 900 which includes installment fee and NCP through DIG LOC insurance Scheme.

Mine is due for renewal in a couple of weeks and Directline put mine up to £411.

Rang round and couldn't get cheaper until i phoned Adrian Flux £359.50.

Also got them to quote me for when all the work is done on mine £890, bargain :thumbsup:

yep adrian flux will be getting a call soon, one question tho, has anybody delt with elephant.com??? they just qoted £606 with all mods declared, best 'standard' :unsure: quote was direct line at £337....

i will keep you informed.

dan :thumbsup:

blimey.. must pay to be old then.. got a quote of 900 which includes installment fee and NCP through DIG LOC insurance Scheme.

I'll say! I only pay £280 for an all singin all dancin comprehensive :D

I'm gonna sound like a real boring tw :censor: t now but I work for an organisation called the Motor Insurers Bureau. All insurance companies have to be a member of the Bureau to trade. We deal with various different agreements to compensate victims of RTA's.

Cutting the cr :censor: p I have dealt with every insurer in the UK and there are ways to use the policy to you the way you want. Call your insurer tell them that you want on a temp basis only put your VW on your policy for a few weeks and they will do it for a small prem. Long term you will need a 2nd policy but if you use the same company they should give you the same NCD as your other policy for the duration that they have your business. Which can save you loads of cash.

In response to other people comments about getting cheap policies. Always shop around. Insurers take a loss on your prem the first year that you go with them, to get your business, then the following years even if you have not claimed they will pop up the price. So moving around between companies can save the pennies. But saying that because I deal with RTA's which are of a serious nature I see every day that you get what you pay for. Direct Line/ Tesco in my mind are an not even worth ringing. They may give you a cheap price and quote all these nice extras on the policy, but they have the worse rep within the industry for nasty small print. You get your road shagger out of shape and end up taking another car out big style they will do every thing in the book to drop you, and they get away with it because of the small print. They will sort the other party but not you and even go to the point to void your policy if they feel that you have modded the car without them knowing. I have seen a case of a guy getting dropped because they said the quality of his DIY wasnt safe enough etc.

Big companies like Norwich Union, Zurich, AXA all have there down sides but you get what you pay for. But all of this is my own personal opinion. But aways disclose your mods, it will only bite you back one day.

And if your all not asleep now, happy shopping! :thumbsup:

:rolleyes: Know exactly what you mean about direct line. I had a rear end no fault with them and the assessor had a go at me about having new tyres on, until i proved they was fitted to my car well before the crash.

With Adrian Flux i'm covered for everything i have on at the mo for £359.50.

After the rest of my mods £890, that is for 370 bhp at the flywheel :D And they really do know what they are talking about btw :thumbsup:

Hi everyone

Does anyone know the number for adrian flux. As i might give them a call. Just sign on the line with tesco for another year. And i decided to ring them for a quote for a mob which i will be getting blitz exhaust.

First the asked me what bhp will i be getting from it?? Like how the hell do i know without having rolling road done :censor: I pay £385 and they came back with £462. A extra £77.00 for a bloody exhaust :censor: Now whats that all about. I'm a 33 year old man and i have to pay a large premium like that for what???

jerry!!

You pay on your bhp and your no claims with adrian flux not on your past record :thumbsup:

So do you think i will get a better quote sorted avensis ??

jerry!!

Cheers mate will give them a call tomorrow. Thanks again :thumbsup:

jerry!!

yep adrian flux will be getting a call soon, one question tho, has anybody delt with elephant.com???

Yup.. i had a quote of them a few weeks back, £395 with all mods and with my wife added to policy (only passed 8 weeks ago), 3 years NCD. But went with Admiral as they matched the price.

Adrian flux wanted around £600 for my car, its only a YTS with lowering springs and induction kit listed.

Suriinder..

:censor: bit worried bout the Tesco slating that went on here- I went with them for one of many reasons- 1) not many people insure imports happily and 2) their premium was half what everyone else quoted me. Whats in the small print then? I read the bits they sent to me about the young drivers excess and so on, surely they have to send you a copy of all the small print or is it just phrased stupidly?

Reading what your all paying, it seems I'm paying over the odds !!!

I'm with prodential. I pay £472.00 I have 8 yrs protected NCD I've no points no accidents I'm female age 35 my car isn't modified.

I do get "free" green flag cover and the policy is good it gives me a hire car if I have an accident and even gives one for 7days if my car is stolen. ( I need this claus in a policy as I nned my car every day)

can any one reocmmend another cheaper company offering the same or better cover ?

Kaz

My own personal concern of some insurers is based on my dealing with them at work. I have to deal with some nasty claims.

I have dealt with a work not so long ago where a FTO import knocked down a pregnant women pushing her other child in a push chair. The child in the chair died as did the un born. The insurance company voided the policy after the accident was reported to them. My organisation stepped in and the insurer walked away from it all.

You get what you pay for in life! Im not made of money but I rejected my lowest quote after reading through it. At point of quote I get it in writing first and request that they send the legal terms too. Not all quotes are sent with this. I am lucky enough to know what to look for. Shop around because the only time you know how good your policy is, is when you need to make a claim and then its too late.

The reason some insurers are known for insuring imports at low prices is that they will just write the car off in anything more than a minor bump. Other more expensive policies will go further to fix it.

The reason people are being quoted more for Yaris's than Avensis's is down to accident stats. More first time drivers drive the small Yaris, thus more Yaris's are in accidents. Meaning if you have a yaris going by the insurers experience are more likely to have a prang.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links