Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spoiler Problem

Claire1983

Hi,

Noticed at the weekend that the spoiler on my T Sport is pressing against the car when i close the boot. It has caused two dents either side where it touches and rubbed the paint off also.

Is this normal as the spoiler seems to be fitted correctly?

Many thanks,

Claire.

Hmm mine doesnt do that, altho it slightly touches the window i think. Have you got any pics of the damage to see where exactly its rubbing

i'm sure kimi and also someone else had this problem.

try a search it may reveal something as I know it has been discussed before

Hi, i've got the same problem but only on one side!

i think its just been fitted wrong.

i'd suggest taking it off and re glueing it back on in the correct place.

then you can tell me how hard/ easy it was so i can do it =P

brad =)

Hi Claire,

yes i understand the problem your having with your spoiler, :(

mines done it 3 times now.

i didnot get the dents though but it has rubbed a little paint off, where it touchs the body.

i saw it before it did any real damage though, and i have put clear film on the body where it touches,

so it couldnt rub anymore paint off.

[the film i used is like the clear plastic used on tax discs]

toyota did give me a new spoiler or 2 when it was under warranty,

as they told me if they removed it, it twisted it so couldnt be put back on.

although i do not think this was the case ;)

mines out of warranty now too as of sept last year.

i'm not sure the age of your car as to wether its within toyota warranty or not.

i do know that TTE do a fiting kit though think it was around £10.

My spoiler had rubbed the paint off too. I'm not really that bothered because you can't see it when the boot is closed! :thumbsup:

Took some pic's but it was getting dark and flash just made it one big reflection! The picture shows the area where the spoiler touches the bodywork when the boot is closed.

DSCN0648.jpg

DSCN0646.jpg

My spoiler had rubbed the paint off too. I'm not really that bothered because you can't see it when the boot is closed! :thumbsup:

The look doesnt bother me either just a bit worried incase it starts rusting as its down to the bare metal, so dont know if i should get it touched up because that will just rub off again in time, take it to Toyota or just leave it and hope for the best??

Take it to a few bodyshops and see what they're saying about. They could probably advise you better than anyone on here can. Take a male with you if possible though, bodyshops will tell a girl anything! :thumbsup:

Hi,

Noticed at the weekend that the spoiler on my T Sport is pressing against the car when i close the boot. It has caused two dents either side where it touches and rubbed the paint off also.

Is this normal as the spoiler seems to be fitted correctly?

Many thanks,

Claire.

Hi my spoiler did this also and it squeeked on bumpy roads, i solved the problem of rubbing by sticking a small strip black foam rubber on the spoiler where it touches the car, no more squeeks or rubbed paint. :unsure:

only early examples did this, later ones were narrower so the tips of the spoiler touches the glass, as toyota now about this i would contact you local toyota dealer, if they fob you off contact toyota customer relations as they have power, if you get nowwere at least you tried.

don't think it has dented metal work but just worn paint away leaving a divot. best of luck

only early examples did this, later ones were narrower so the tips of the spoiler touches the glass,

Sorry have to dissagree with you on this one ,

mines a p2 53 plate and i know of cars newer than mine that had the same problem.

Its the smaller TTE spoiler that does it , the double sided sicky foam that sticks the sides of

the spoiler to the glass comes loose.

Then the spolier springs slightly open and touchs the bodywork, it happened on p1 and p2 spoilers.

Like i said before i've had a number of spoilers and its gone yet again. ;)

Its a design fault :ffs:

im a main dealer tech, now what i am on about, when i said later cars, some phase 2 could still be affected

But i have the later spoiler where only the tip touches the glass,

That is the one most of us are having problems with :ffs:

There are 04 and 54 plate cars having the problem.

I've been in touch with TTE about the problem.

sorry without seeing can't realy advise, mines a 54 with no problem, not seen any later cars with problem either

i would contact you local toyota dealer, if they fob you off contact toyota customer relations as they have power, if you get nowwere at least you tried.

Many thanks for that, will try and let you all know how i get on.

Claire.

i'm sure there are alot of us in here who want to know how to fix it but don't have the time or can't be bothered to ring around, so if you find out PLEASE OH PLEASE TELL US ALL.

LOL

good luck finding out and hope you find a solution that works for all of our sake.

Brad =)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links