Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Management Light

1bloke1dog1mr2

Yeap. I've already done that and the guy said there was no obvious problems apart from one of the pre-cat sensors being a bit sloppy at 2500 rpm. I've got another sensor coming so I'll do the other and see how it goes from there!

Drove it 2 miles today (haven't driven it at all since his problems) and it seems absolutely tickety boo! Great response and no probs with idling :rolleyes:

Latest update with the ongoing (and increasingly boring) O2 sensors...

After contacting the garage, it turned out that I had a fault with the heater circuit in one of the sensors (P0030). Anyway, after replacing both pre cat sensors and the CEL coming back on, I checked the fuses....one of the 7.5 brown fuses had blown :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyway, at least I have two brand new sensors, one of which blew the fuse anyway, and I didn't give a penny to Mr T!!!!

Cheers for all advise, and as an additional tip from me (and a note to myself) ... CHECK YA FUSES!!!!! :lol:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all, just been reading through this old thread.

I had the light come on, the AA checked the computer for me for free which diagnosed a problem with the Lambda sensors (same as the oxygen sensors?).

He gave them a good clean but the light came back on 50 miles later.

Should I just get the sensors replaced or is there something else I should try first?

Thanks

Will

Hi all, just been reading through this old thread.

I had the light come on, the AA checked the computer for me for free which diagnosed a problem with the Lambda sensors (same as the oxygen sensors?).

He gave them a good clean but the light came back on 50 miles later.

Should I just get the sensors replaced or is there something else I should try first?

Thanks

Will

Start with getting the codes, but if you have a problem with one sensor (yeap, lamda is the same as o2), I would change all 3.

Cleaning doesn't always do it and usually the fault is the ceramic part within the sensor itself which is quite fragile. It's relatively easy and cheap to do, just follow Les' fantastic guide at the top of the Roadster forum.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links