Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake Fade - Need Help

tinners2000

Hi everyone!

Got a new issue with the Starlet. Noticed my car was badly pulling when braking on the M6 last weekend. Took it to my Local garage and after 15 minutes of looking at the brakes he informed me that I have flash fried my front left disk. Basically the calliper became stuck and forced the pads on the left side onto the disk. During driving this of course was producing some serious amount of heat so friction coefficient was zero, hence why the car was pulling.

I was also informed that I am looking around £500 for a repair, which includes a new calliper on the left side with new pads and disks on both.

The Starlet is on 93,000 and just passed its MOT three weeks ago. I do not want to spend that amount of money as I getting rid of the trouble free (well nearly) starlet soon.

Anyone got any ideas?

Can you work on the car yourself?

Pads, Disks, Caliper is a fairly easy job.

Pads will be 20£ish, Disks 70£ish Caliper you can probably source from a crapyard or alternatively a starlet forum.

Good luck mate.

So work around £200 to do it myself then. Since it is the brakes and never touched them before, prob best if I can source the parts myself and get a garage to fit them.

Disks and Pads easy to find. But the Caliper is a !Removed! !Removed! to source

Find someone breaking an an ep91 mate.

Theres gotta be 10's of them out there.

And yeah, I suppose you could get a mechanic to fir them.

They shouldn't take alot longer than an hour I wouldv'e thought, so you looking at arounf £60 for fitting.

They won't be too hard to find - Paseo/Sera/Starlet share the caliper I believe, and disc (I'm using Starlet GT Pads & Glanza Discs on my car) and pads. Fitting, do it yourself - literally, with the exclusion of taking off the brake pipe, it's 4 bolts you need to undo and redo...that's it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links