Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Plz! Ae101 Want To Change Engin

ah_fooms

hello every one,

i got some problem here, my ae101 engine already in danger mode. now i am think to change she but i don't know what engine should i change, black top? silver top?

Which one that i don't need to change my mounting?

Where can i find out more info about black top?

How can i know the engine i buy is black top or silver top?

Is the malaysian goverment rule and policy let me put this engine?

any one would be kind to guide me?

any thing in particular you want to know?

how much are you gunna tune the engine. i have a blacktop in my levin, you can tell a blacktop either by the top cover, should all be black, or if you can get to the throttle bodes they are 44mm on a blacktop and 40mm on a silvertop,

silvertops are better if you want to mod the engine as crank rods are stronger.

what engine is in there already?

silvertops are better if you want to mod the engine as crank rods are stronger.

Thats abit incorrect tbh. The black top crank is the better, due to its lighter and alot better balanced, which also allows it to rev past 9000rpm in std form, compared to the silver top crank is pushing its limits at 8500rpm.

But yes, the silver top rods are stronger, but arent very well matched and balanced.

So an ideal set up is:

Black top crank and block, lightened and balanced silver top con rods, forged pistons etc.

In the way of heads, if your gonna be porting, then you can use either heads. The black top head, has the better combustion chamber though, due to less hot spots than the silver top head.

hi there mate you are in malaysia there is a site i know they get they engines from malaysia if you contact them they will be able to tell you www.jbmotorsport.co.uk they can probly get you contact details for surpliers in malaysia. or email this guy he is a engine expert and he is in malaysia leekun@yahoo.com good luck .

Thank you, you all.

currently my engine is just normal engine. thinking of which engine gona put in. it shoulb be either silver top or black top. but my info about these engine is very less, as i know black top have more house power than silver, in technical side i don't know.

so hoping u all able to clear my mind which engine should i put, also i need to pass the on the road test in malasia, i don't have any idea that it gona approve or not. currenlly mine is just 1.6 cc, as i know i can upgrade my wngine to 2.0 cc without changing mounting thru a friend that not very convinsing.

can help me out here?

Pick the Blacktop if you want a standard engine and do not want to tune it.

Pick the Silvertop if you want to tune the engine.

If i had the opportunity, I would either pick the Blacktop and put on open pibes (lovely noise) or the Silvertop and make a turbo-solution.

If you have your doubt about whether you want to tune it in the future or not - go for the Silvertop, it's the safe (cheap) choice :)

Regards

Smølfen (The Smurf)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links