Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boxing

natt

Hi. so does anybody here box? decided to take up boxing after yers of empty promises to myself. had my first session lastnite an my god do i hurt. im not fit but not totoaly unfit, biggest prob is my asthma. was a major shock to the system i tell you. gona stick it out though, even if it kills me. ha. waiting to discover if i have a glass jaw though. it'll be a few weeks till i can spar so i'll find out soon enough. ha. so if anybody here can give me some tip's i sure would appreciate it. :D

sorry, i know its random but my fingers is about the only thing i can move at the mo. :D

• 2 weeks later...

It's something I wouldn't mind getting into, for the fitness as much as anything else, I've never had good upperbody strength & it seems like a good way to build it. My fitness is the worst it's been for years because I've only had a couple of games of football since the winter began but when I've had a few games & built it back up again I'll have to look at it seriously. I know some1 who helps run an amateur boxing club & does some boxing fitness classes so I've got no excuse really

• 3 weeks later...

went to my 4th session lastnite and to my surprise im doin really well, bin training hard at home as well, running, weights etc, also bin eating better to loose some o my puppy fat :D but so far im !Removed! loving it. Had my first 'practice' spar with my coach lastnite an i tell u what, nothing puts the s**ts up u like a 16 stone heavyweight pro boxer coming at you. even although he wasn't hitting back, just pushing me around an the occasional jab, it was !Removed! hard. 2 mins felt like 10 and afterward i could barely move. ha. but i think if youve ever harboured a desire to box then get into it mate, im loving every min of it and although i thought my asthma would be a prob ive bin able to controll it really well and not let it affect my performance. nxt week im in the ring sparing for real, with an opponent who hits back :eek: ha ha. will let u know how i get on. :thumbsup:

well, had my first spar. it was with my trainer because he has more controll. that way i wouldnt end up with a !Removed! nose from an over eager amature (sp?) like myself. ha. anyway he told me to just start off with the jab, jabbing at him and dodging (or trying to) anything he threw my way, obviousley he was taking it easy with me but i still caught a few on the nose an a gut punch that knocked the wind outa me. afta a min he told me to start mixing it up so i started throwing 2 n 3 hit combos, just to get a feel. and before i know it, its all over, time was called just as i was getting going. ha. my trainer said i done pretty good for my first time so im chuffed. sparing at every opertunity now, its like a drug. ha :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm Muay Thai as well.

And a point on the '2 minutes felt like 10' bit, that never goes away. You loose all concept of time the second you step into the ring.

Glad you're enjoying it. I thought about boxing, but after 16 years of Karate I was too kick-happy, so Thai Boxing was a better fit for me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links