Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leather Accesories

adilmon

Hi,

I was trying to get hold of an Aygo leather steering wheel over the weekend. I gave toyota the part number PZ439-90170-00 from the AIM, BUT he said his computer didn't recognise it!?!?!?!

He checked it against the Aygo Blue accesories & said it wasn't recognised there either!

Has anyone managed to buy the leather steering wheel separately?

Also, I unsderstand the the leather seats for the Aygo are just covers that the dealer fits over the original seats. Has anyone managed to buy these? My local dealer wouldn't give me a price without labour

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

it's a bit off topic, but do you have a pic of leather steering wheal? When i bought mine (with every single toyota accesory and also full TTE tuning) leather interior was not on the list nor available...

I've only been able to find the diagram on the installation manual and nothing more. I've been to a couple of local toyota dealers, but none of their Aygo Blues had a leather steering wheel. They also claimed to not recognise the part number, but accepted that it's part of their accessory packages. May be a month or 2 before they all catch up.

Meanwhile, I think the leather steering wheel will probably be the same as available for the 107 XS. A link is below

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/fi...eugeot_107.html

I think the leather steering wheel is part of the option pack for the Blue and not standard. Have you thought about how to fit it when you get one what with the airbag module etc.

I think the leather steering wheel is part of the option pack for the Blue and not standard. Have you thought about how to fit it when you get one what with the airbag module etc.

It looks like plug & play, where the original airbag module is kept. The steering wheel makes up the frame, which holds the module. The installation manual shows that the airbag module is attached by 2 screws at the back of the wheel. The design on airbag module is the only feature clearly separating the interiors of the Aygo, 107 & C1. It's highly unlikely that the dimensions and mounting points differ

OK, the only thing I would be concerned about it mounting it back correctly. I used to work in a car garage and our technician needed to be qualified to take steering wheels off because of the airbags and the risk if you do it wrong.

Its absolutely true you must be very cautious with airbags, because they contain real explosives. It takes only the tiniest electrical current to set one off.

For the record the proceedure on the installation manual state that the negative terminal of the Battery must be disconnected before work commences. Also the steering wheel alignment needs to be noted (using masking tape), so that the new wheel can placed correctly on the steering shaft spline. Furthermore, the old steering wheel may need a puller to be removed from the spline and a torque wrench is essential to re-attached everything to the correct tightness.

It's not a novice job. It doesn't take more than 30 mins to do, so it's worth letting a mechanic do the job professionally. Torque wrenches are usually expensive too, so it would be a false economy to buy one especially for this 1 job. Replacement airbag modules are likely to be over £200, partly because there is always extra expense when shipping hazardous goods.

The installation manual (AIM) can be found using the links on this forum

• 5 months later...

Finally, the correct part number for the leather steering wheel is PZ439-90171-00 and about £150 incl VAT.

Should only take 30 min to fit.

aygosteeringei4.th.jpg

http://www.tte.de/cm_aygo.htm

Still looking to buy the leather seat covers and fit them myself

• 4 weeks later...

I was quoted £1927.83 incl VAT for leather Aygo seats :o !! £544.54 are for the fronts alone! Probably the most expensive seat covers ever!?

Help!

I was quoted £1927.83 incl VAT for leather Aygo seats :o !! £544.54 are for the fronts alone! Probably the most expensive seat covers ever!?

Help!

OUCH thats expensive, help? erm buy a cow and do the work yaself!! :lol2:

Simple rule- pay someone to fit it. I wouldnt want to risk having my body anywhere near an airbag deploying.

Simple rule- pay someone to fit it. I wouldnt want to risk having my body anywhere near an airbag deploying.

Exactly, even things can go wrong when someone who is qualified is doing it. I was at Citroen for a bit and got told of a time when the steering wheel airbag need to be removed and the guy i was working with accidently triggered it and with it being a C5 with all the extras set off the passenger airbag and side airbags that come down from the roof, resulting in re fitting all the inside of the roof panelling

• 3 weeks later...

Help!

OUCH thats expensive, help? erm buy a cow and do the work yaself!! :lol2:

I've recently been quoted approx £850 all-in from an aftermarket manufacturer.

Right, problem sorted: Fortunately I intend to be travelling to morocco this summer. They have arguably the best leather in the world. A friend of the family paid just £85 for a full set & they need 48 hrs to hand make the custom covers. I plan to take the original seat covers in my luggage so they can use the pattern. I'm tempted to buy 2 sets, if I fancy a colour change :D

Have you thought about getting in touch with our resident parts master called Parts-King?

I am sure that he will be able to source the correct information for you :D Good luck!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links