Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Question Of Dogs

nibsco

Hi everybody

I am seriously thinking about buying an Aygo, but I need to be able to put two small dogs in the back. Do the rear seats fold flat, or can they be removed fairly easily? Does anyone know if there is a dog guard that would fit the car?

How does the driving position suit tall people like me (6ft 0.75in)? What first alerted me to the Aygo was Jeremy Clarkson praising it on Top Gear and I think he's at least as tall as me.

Any thoughts would be gratefully received.

Nibsco

Hello, and welcome.

The seats do fold nearly flat. I seem to be carring loads of stuff around in mine lately, and the seats always seem to be folded down.

The biggest problem I have with the seats folded down, is that the seat backs are painted, and can get scratched easily.

This can also lead to some major dog slippage on the corners as they shoot across the car on their bedding.

I took our jack Russell to the vets in mine, but he seemed to like the sliding about like a nutter. I have a large piece off ribbed rubber flooring that I put in mine if I have to carry anything about now. Seems to do the trick.

I think the rear seats are just bolted in so could be easily removed for more regular dog transportation. There is a guy on the forum that has converted his Aygo into a van for his work transport. The other factor to consider is that the boot sill is quite high, but thats fine if your only dealing with little dogs.

With regards to the height issue, my mate Dave, or Big Dave as we call him, is 6'5" and drives a Aygo. He has the seat 2 settings from fully back and because of the amount of headroom fits with ease. He sold his Peugeot 206 because his head was rubbing on the roof liner and giving him a bad neck. He tried my Aygo, and went straight to the dealers and placed his order.

Hope I have been of some help.

Tim

Hello, and welcome.

The seats do fold nearly flat. I seem to be carring loads of stuff around in mine lately, and the seats always seem to be folded down.

The biggest problem I have with the seats folded down, is that the seat backs are painted, and can get scratched easily.

This can also lead to some major dog slippage on the corners as they shoot across the car on their bedding.

I took our Jack Russell to the vets in mine, but he seemed to like the sliding about like a nutter. I have a large piece off ribbed rubber flooring that I put in mine if I have to carry anything about now. Seems to do the trick.

I think the rear seats are just bolted in so could be easily removed for more regular dog transportation. There is a guy on the forum that has converted his Aygo into a van for his work transport. The other factor to consider is that the boot sill is quite high, but thats fine if your only dealing with little dogs.

With regards to the height issue, my mate Dave, or Big Dave as we call him, is 6'5" and drives a Aygo. He has the seat 2 settings from fully back and because of the amount of headroom fits with ease. He sold his Peugeot 206 because his head was rubbing on the roof liner and giving him a bad neck. He tried my Aygo, and went straight to the dealers and placed his order.

Hope I have been of some help.

Tim

Many thanks for that Tim. My dogs are nutters too, so should really enjoy the Aygo experience.

Thanks again

Nibsco

You won't believe the headroom in Aygo - you would have to be a giant to have problems.

Good luck . . . woof woof

Hiya

I'm 6'5" with a labrador and the Aygo is more than big enough.

We got a 5 door so he can go on the back seat. This leaves the boot free for shopping etc.

The original plan was to fold down the seats - but the don;t go flat and are very slippy.

m

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links