Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Buy This St185 Or Not?

A2k00

Im new to toyota's and have been looking to get an ST185 for a while, I know never buy a dog or the cheapest one avaliable, But there is one for sale Toyota Celica GT-Four ST185 UK Spec, H reg With 93,000 Miles on the clock, Some service history, 2 Months MOT and Tax, For £800!

Now ive test drove it, And is seems ok BUT.

When you break the front breaks judder alot, The guys says it need new front disks and pads but im not so sure, It does have a little oil leak, thats leaking onto the front intake manifold at the back on the engine, Which i have read is most likly the rocker cover gasket which just needs tightening. It needs a new ariel and front seat is ripped. and the font of the radiator looks like there is coolant collecting at the bottom. Appart from that is seems fine, The engine seems clean, Would you buy it or be sceptical as its so cheap, Would it cost alot to put right and would it be worth it???

BUMP! Really need advice here people, I dont want to buy a dog that will cost me thousands, Opinions required, Many thanks

Please people, Im going to buy it tomorrow as it stands but want your opinion as you own the cars, 16 views and not a single reply :crybaby:

Ok, well after reading up, For a guess its so cheap as it will need a new clutch £700ish a new oil sump gasket (Anyone know how much a new oil sump gasket is?????) new drivers seat (£???) and new front disk breaks and pads (£200).

But still Once i get all the work done £1800 for an ST185 aint bad is it??

personally, I'd rather just put a bit more money together and get one in better knick.

The knocking when braking is a bit of a worry, it could be quite a few things.

personally, I'd rather just put a bit more money together and get one in better knick.

The knocking when braking is a bit of a worry, it could be quite a few things.

Such as??? thing is my mates are machanics so i can get jobs done a little cheaper, so its it bearings and bushes in not worried

there is no sump gasket just sealant but toyota sealant doesn't usually fail so be wary, possibly could have knoked the big ends out which have been replaced but this mostly happens when the car has low oil pressure and will not be right unless the pump has been changed! dont trust the stock oil pressure light as ive seen these go out and the turbo oil feed as been loose and spraying oil!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links