Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Has Any 1 Chamged There Headunit

Mr 16 Valve

Iv gt a rolla E12, just wondering if n e had changed there stereo, and what to, pics wud be handy

cheers

16v

Currently got a double DIN unit in it, but have got pics of single DIN in it as well

Click on my signature for further details

Bing

:thumbsup:

I had my headunit changed in my E12

i will have a look for some pictures

found

afbeelding242dp1.jpg

afbeelding246fl7.jpg

Unscrew the gearknob , than pull gently on the panel below the gearknob its a "clicksystem" . Remove the ashtrey and that other thing above the ashtrey than pull the hole front its olso a CLICKSYSTEM , than under the radio you see some screws turn them lose and pull the radio out

im replacing mine with a double din touch screen dvd player, wher did u get the surround from

cheers

16v

im replacing mine with a double din touch screen dvd player, wher did u get the surround from

cheers

16v

I got the airvent surround from Toyota.

I remember it was a nightmare getting it, first to be told they don't do it :g: so i had to show him what i was talking about, then to be told they wouldn't sell it to me cause it won't fit my car :argue: and the salesperson expressed his concern that he was unhappy to sell it anyway because it wasn't part of my car :chair:

So after all that, i finally got the part, think it was about £100 but can check price and part number, if needed.

Few more pics to help you.

So what unit you got then?

Bing

Before-00.JPG

P1000719-0.jpeg

After-00.JPG

why did you need to buy a new airvent? what was wrong with the one you already had ?

why did you need to buy a new airvent? what was wrong with the one you already had ?

On the E12 model, it airvent is curved as part of the dashboard, to be able to install either a single DIN unit, you would needed an adaptor to to able to fit this in.

To fit a double DIN would of needed a whole new airvent, it could be possible to fit the it in, but custom work would been a nightmare.

Will get a picture and show you the difference.

Bing

This is the standard airvent i got with the car

gallery_1491_429_180167.jpg

gallery_1491_429_150421.jpg

gallery_1491_429_60404.jpg

As you can see on the last picture it has a ripple effect, curves in at the top the bows out at the bottom.

This is the way the dashboard has been designed, and so the curves blend in accordlingly to the dash.

To get a single DIN unit to fit, an adaptor would of been needed as there is no other way to secure it to the airvents, and there would be a gap on each side due to it's size and shape of DIN units.

gallery_1491_429_18504.jpg

To get a double DIN to fit, a new airvent would be needed due to shape.

If you can see in the picture, there is an extra inside lip on the sides and bottom, to hold it in place.

As it wasn't a perfect fit, i had little extra strips at the sides to hide the gaps.

gallery_1491_429_173346.jpg

Hope this helps

Bing

have u gt the part number for the surround

Part No. T55406-02070-BO

Price £89.69 Exc. VAT

Total £105.39 Inc. VAT

Was when i brought it last year, so expect an increase by Toyota :yes:

You will need to pay up front for it, and there's no refund if i remember due to being a non-stock item

You should have it in a few days from ordering, but at the very most a week.

Bing

went to fit it last nite, got all the wires connected working fine, went to put it in the existig dash with vent and the screen wud nt flip down, now hav to buy the part from toyota and modify it a little

man-bing if you never said you had a new air vent's fitted different from stock i would never know just looking photo's :D.

your new double din alpine is very nice i special love the vibration function when you touch the screen . :thumbsup:

went to fit it last nite, got all the wires connected working fine, went to put it in the existig dash with vent and the screen wud nt flip down, now hav to buy the part from toyota and modify it a little

Mine fitted in ok, apart from the side gaps.

My Alpine has to slide down as well to slot a disc into the unit, and there were no problems with it stcking anywhere.

Perhaps it's just your unit size, that not a true double DIN size.

What extra part do you need to get then?

Bing

man-bing if you never said you had a new air vent's fitted different from stock i would never know just looking photo's :D.

your new double din alpine is very nice i special love the vibration function when you touch the screen . :thumbsup:

I take it you got a normal H/U in your car then, not with sat navi.

Yeah the Alpine pulsetouch is kind of funky, makes it feel like a button click without the button :lol:

Most of the time, i don't have it on anyway, just so used to the touch feel of the screen without a "buzz" of touching it.

Bing

I fitted a single din headunit to my E12 with little problem. got the surround off eBay.

but iv one major glitch. since i putthe new headunit in i cant recieve radio signal. i get it sometimes in very specific locations so i know there is something being recieved. the ariel is connected correct. any other wire that could be causin the problem? need help with this cause im sic of havin to change cd's all the time :!Removed!:

Mine fitted in ok, apart from the side gaps.

My Alpine has to slide down as well to slot a disc into the unit, and there were no problems with it stcking anywhere.

Perhaps it's just your unit size, that not a true double DIN size.

What extra part do you need to get then?

Bing

the whole front of my unit flips down so catches at the top, so im going to buy a new straight vent piece and shave some of it away around wher i need clearence, iv do this b4 n will be a professional job, |(i hope :gulp:)

• 1 year later...

I take it you got a normal H/U in your car then, not with sat navi.

Yeah the Alpine pulsetouch is kind of funky, makes it feel like a button click without the button :lol:

Most of the time, i don't have it on anyway, just so used to the touch feel of the screen without a "buzz" of touching it.

Bing

hi,

i see u have a t-spirit model. does ur car have a remote on the steering wheel? im thinking of putting a headunit in my car which is a t spirit but am concerned that i might loose the remote control functionality. i used to have a t3 but that didnt have a remote and heaunit fitted in fine.

i see u have a t-spirit model. does ur car have a remote on the steering wheel? im thinking of putting a headunit in my car which is a t spirit but am concerned that i might loose the remote control functionality. i used to have a t3 but that didnt have a remote and heaunit fitted in fine.

Yes i do have a T-Spirit model, and yes i do have the steering wheel control mounted to it, but no i haven't managed to get it to work with my H/U but then i not really that fussed about it anyway, my arm's a long enough to reach for the H/U to change it for what i need

Bing

you can decode the steering wheel controls to work with anything. its not actually that difficult. either a homebrew set of volt comparators or i think connects 2 do a loom.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links