Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav Question

seejay321

I've just taken delivery of a new Prius T Spirit. Like my earlier one it has Sat Nav, but the new car has red dots on some of the roads, and everyone is asking me what they mean. I've been told that they represent POI's but that doesn't tie in at all; one road near here is shown with no red dots, yet there is a long established filling station there.

I've been through the manual twice, with no luck.

Please will someone help me? Everyone knows what it feels like when you cannot answer a question about your car, and that's how I feel right now!

Thanks

Seejay

I have the answer to your red dots as I have the a prius T spirit 06 model.

When you select a destination and you accept the route , it is displayed as a blue line. Along this line are the red dots which are the internal way points the system uses to map out your route. You will notice they are at regular intervals. You will also note that they will occur just before the route changes directions say for turnings or roundabouts.

Have you noticed the red triangles which denote traffic information.....

having tried several SAt nav systems I find the Prius unit up with the best.

hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...
Seejay

I have the answer to your red dots as I have the a prius T spirit 06 model.

When you select a destination and you accept the route , it is displayed as a blue line. Along this line are the red dots which are the internal way points the system uses to map out your route. You will notice they are at regular intervals. You will also note that they will occur just before the route changes directions say for turnings or roundabouts.

Have you noticed the red triangles which denote traffic information.....

having tried several SAt nav systems I find the Prius unit up with the best.

hope this helps

Thanks Julncamp for your help. I wondered if this was the case, but couldn't see how or why! Pity there isn't a method of 'rubbing them out' after the journey. Not that I've found, anyway!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links