Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

It’s Disappointing When You Can’t Trust A Toyota Bodyshop

freestyle

Back story:

I recently purchased a TTE front bumper insert which was missing the betalink k1 glue. Went to the local toyota dealerships bodyshop, the owner said the glue wouldn't be a poblem so i arranged for the work to be done and left the insert (including fitting instructions!) with him.

Went and picked up the car up and noticed they had appeared to fit the insert with double sided adhesive tape. Not a problem i thought, i knew some manufacturers used similar materials to fit body styling parts and i could always remove it at a later date to use a glue.

Am i glad i took the car and didn't ask them to change it!!!!!!!...............

Present Day:

Managed to get hold of some betalink k1 and decided to spend this weekend sorting it out, only to find...........

Some kind of residue which i thought may have been glue which they hadn't cleaned up

rightresidue.jpg

They'd tried spraying the bumper after putting on adhesive tape for some reason, leaving a build up of paint.

leftoverspray.jpg

tape.jpg

the actual method of fitting was to use the bits cut from bumper as makeshift holders

grille1.jpg

grille2.jpg

grille3.jpg

grille4.jpg

Which were slotted into these wonderfully crafted holes

holes1.jpg

holes2.jpg

holes3.jpg

Luckily t-cut has cleaned up the mess around the bumper, just hoping that fixing the rest of it is just as easy :(

I really hate ANYBODY touching my car for any reason. If anybody is going to make a hash of it I'd rather do it myself.

I took my daughters car to a quick fit exhaust centre because she was selling it to have a rear box fitted. I watched in disbelief a poorly trained ape lever the old one off only to rupture the front section.

I took my wheel to a tyre centre because I had a slow puncture and they grazed the laquer off the inner rim.

It is why I can't bare the thought of taking my car back for servise ven though it is under warranty.

Never mind, it will be done properly when you do it.

Good luck.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links