Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Sat Nav Overide When Car Moving

billy1000

I have a 2003 Toyota Avensis which has the standard Toyota Sat Nav system for that model. Whenever the car is moving the SET DESTINATION option will not operate. Presumabley a saftey feature. I need to know how I can overide or disable that feature, so that when I am moving I can in fact enter a destination.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Billy.

As you say, it's a safety feature. I don't know of any way to enter/change a destination when you are on the move. I think the transition happens at around 5 mph.

As you say, it's a safety feature. I don't know of any way to enter/change a destination when you are on the move. I think the transition happens at around 5 mph.

Yes, the transition does happen at about 5mph. I am sure there must be a way to disconnect this feature somehow. If anyone does find out, please lets us know. Regards

Yes, the transition does happen at about 5mph. I am sure there must be a way to disconnect this feature somehow. If anyone does find out, please lets us know. Regards

Come on people, I cant believe you actually want to operate the sat nav system whilst the car is moving!!! Its just the same as being on the phone whilst driving, if not worse because you wont be looking at the road! Stay safe! Jed.

Come on people, I cant believe you actually want to operate the sat nav system whilst the car is moving!!! Its just the same as being on the phone whilst driving, if not worse because you wont be looking at the road! Stay safe! Jed.

I know that there is a company the does this sort of work on BMWs or RangeRovers, so that you can input the destination whilst moving, and also so that the TV will operate whilst moving. And really, its not a question of saftey, but a question of having the option. At this time, UK law will allow you to input into the sat nav whilst moving. But irrelivant of that, I still want that option, so if anyone knows where I can overide this, so that I can set the destination whilst moving, it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

It is irritating when your passenger can do it safely but can't cause you're still moving

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links