Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Extra Bhp

fiz-vvti

does any one know how i would go about getting an extra 150 bhp for a celica vvti 140. and how much it would roughly cost

cheers peeps

will the supera engine fit and how much will it set me back,

i've checked a few places re upping the bhp they all say get a new car, but i like mine.

Trade up for a 190 and fit a bolt on supercharger kit. That will get you ~100bhp from what you have and about the best you'll get without a transplant or serious work.

super charger kits sounds good for the 190, my lil bro recommends the st205 engine, i'll have to give it some serious thought, i want as much bhp as i can get, i'll get more power with the gt4 engine, its easier to mod. so if any one has any good tips pls point me in the right direction. cheers.

3S-GTE engine FTW! Will go to about 300 bhp without too much work, and much more if you replace the internals.

And if you're very ambitious you can convert it to 4WD while you're about it. See Fensport site for details.

[EDIT]

Fensport-Gen7-GT4.jpg

[/EDIT]

i spoke to fensport, they said they cant do the work but have put me in contact with a guy they know who does engine conversions. if i do go for extra bhp it will have to be an engine conversion 3sgte plus a cumputer replacemt will take it to about 300 bhp, anything more will be a bonus. should cost about 5 grand all in.

10 grand for about 400 plus bhp.

well its back to the office for me to earn some over time.

Blimey! Don't forget to budget for uprated brakes and suspension too, would be my advice. All that extra power, would be a shame not to get it all down onto the road, not to mention to throw it in the first hedge you come to. :eek:

wont forget the vitals mate, am already looking at uprated discs and brakes. wil be getting all the parts togther and then having the job done.

one older brothers mate has a st205 with about 400 bhp, he took my brother for a spin, he couldn't move his head forward, thats how much the car pulls u back.........quick

just get a new car man

the amount ur guna ave to spend on a new engine/brake/ecu/suspention

just not worth it i understand wantin to make ur car faster but jst buy a quicker car n make it a bit quicker rather than spendin £1000's on a car thats only guna be able to give so much

just get a new car man

the amount ur guna ave to spend on a new engine/brake/ecu/suspention

just not worth it i understand wantin to make ur car faster but jst buy a quicker car n make it a bit quicker rather than spendin £1000's on a car thats only guna be able to give so much

I agree, sell it, put 5 grand into the kitty and get a 350z or s2000.

Or even sell it and get a GT4! and put the 5k to making it look pretty!

I wouldn't recommend putting money, especially not 5K, into making a GT4 look pretty; you'll never get it back, and you'll only have repeated what far too many other people have done. In any case they don't need it as they look the business without any tarting up.

As for putting the 3S-GTE & 4WD into the Gen 7 - I was joking when I suggested it, but each to their own. I can see that the investment made sense to Fensport to promote their business and they've created something unique (AFIK).

As for the tubby engine mounted in the front of a 2WD Celica, I guess that will be interesting, but not to my taste as RWD or 4WD is much better than FWD once you get much over 200bhp. Though there are some pretty quick front engine 2WD 3S-GTE cars out there.

Does anyone know if there's a 3S-GTE mid engine Celica yet? If it can be done with a Yaris, then surely it can be done with a Celica. If I was going to blow a shed load of money modifying a car I think I'd be tempted to give that a go.

wow, its seems we got quite a discussion going on here, i'm not saying i'm getting it done, but i am giving it some serious thought, i'd love to get it done, i wouldn't spend 5k on the st205...........(i do agree that it already looks the part.......but its been done).......... but the gen 7...very likely.

at the moment i'm getting the body work sorted out on it after a minor prang, but once the body work is sorted then it'll be the engine. the car should be fixed by next week end.

i've worked out that for about 5 months i'll be living at work to earn an extra 5 grand which i can spend directly into the car.

it will be the st205 engine going in, and i'll have the car made into a 4 wheel drive

instead of a celica vvti 140 or 190

it'll be a celica vvti shape gt4 300-400 bhp

so if and when it gets done i will bring it out to a celica meeting so everyone can see it in person.( maybe i'll give a lil demo).

but in the mean time if any one knows any really good mechanics or parts or wat have u pls let me know.

thanks peeps

Think you're gonna want more than £5k if you're paying someone else to do the work fella... Look more in the region of £10k for a 3s-gte replacement, and 4wd, and you may be getting somewhere... Its a LOT of work...

What kinda things can you do to a 140 to give it a bit more power ? would modifying a ecu make any difference ?

i know, 4 to 5k is a minimum to get the enigine coversion and hitting 300 bhp, it costs more to make it into a 4 wheel drive. to get 400 bhp it will be in the region of 10k.

to get more bhp out of the 140, ur looking at replacing the air filter, maybe the exhaust system, not sure about the ecu, to be hionest i dnt the the 140 was designed for more power, thats why u have the 190, u camn play a bit more around with the 190 to increase its bhp. best people to speak to would be fensport.

the 140 engine can be supercharged or turbocharged with very good results.

Both types of power upgrade have been done by a few people on Celica-Club.

It doesn't make financial sense to spend 5-10 grand on a car like that & that's clear to everyone, which is why I love other people doing it, I can never picture myself ever doing it so my hat goes off to others who do. If you were spending it on mad bodykits & the like my opinion would probably be different but I'll always respect people for splashing the cash on performance gains like you've been quoted. Keep the visual mods subtle if you can though, the wolf-in-sheeps-clothing effect is miles better than anything that screams "look at me, I'm great" imo

Good luck if you go ahead with it

lol, i dont think i would be telling the insurance,

like i've said, i'm only considering, the more i think about it, i can spend 5k on other things, but i'll just have to wait and see in about 6 months time.

we all have our own opinions

so if u like it get it. (if the price is right)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links