Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav Servicing

mr m

could any one tell me what is carried out on a 60.000mile service to a 2003 vvti,toyota want £340 to service it, they said its a major one, as an engineer i wouldnt mind doin it myself.

could any one tell me what is carried out on a 60.000mile service to a 2003 vvti,toyota want £340 to service it, they said its a major one, as an engineer i wouldnt mind doin it myself.

Hullo there and welcome!

Mr T took £360 off me for my 60,000 service 10 years ago on my RAV. When asked what he'd done there was a stumble and much muttering. That was the last time I partook of the free coffee at their garage. Back then, for my '94 RAV it was over the top.

Best place to start is to look at your handbook and see what is meant to be done at this service - things like belts spring to mind etc. And if you're gifted with the ability to check discs wear and pad wear then its worth checking afore it goes in. I used to do the obvious filling of the screen wash cos they had the habit of charging me the cost of a bottle of whisky for a wee dram in the screenwash. Depending on your use (carrying weights/passengers/ or pulling trailers) the things like suspension bushes need to be checked at the rear. Much of it is common sense stuff like checking brakes; oil changes n filters; n plugs. I got charged a small fortune for having plugs changed when we eventually found out they'd never been changed on the RAV nor on the Previa I bought at the same time.

Maybe you've had the car thru an MOT now which would have flagged up any looseness in joints.

Its not a high mileage, but I'd still have a wee look underneath to make sure theres no muck built up in the wheel wells; that the underneath is clean and yer shocks are ok. I used to find that the dealer recommended new discs and eventually cottoned onto the easy money they made!! You can get digital measuring tools so cheap now that you can measure the wear on the discs. And have a look at the surface condition of the discs. Anchorman is an expert on this as with other areas, but I have found that I've been ripped off in having to replace discs when a very shallow skim would have been in order. And more than once.

Other things - wiper blades/ coolant/ Battery condition as we move towards 'winter'.

If you have your own garage even better - at the moment I have to do my effort at diy in the driveway but use a large propane fired heater to minimise the carpal tunnel syndrome (or something like that says the doctor) Neighbours think I'm a nut, but then I knew before them!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links