Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

K&n Typhoon/tte Backbox

H13RNC

Hello guys, Im thinking about doin sum upgrades to my cts. Firstly how much is the tte back box? and how much power gain would I get combined with the typhoon? I dont really want to spend money if I its not worth it!

Cheers guys :)

Hello guys, Im thinking about doin sum upgrades to my cts. Firstly how much is the tte back box? and how much power gain would I get combined with the typhoon? I dont really want to spend money if I its not worth it!

Cheers guys :)

Typhoon seems to be about 15 bhp the tte exhaust is more about noise than power gains according to most people on here.

Oh ok thats helpfull actually so 189-201 bhp... not bad i suppose, is it noticable? How much is the tte backbox? or wots a cheaper simular one?

I still cant see how just by changing the spark plugs can give you a noticeable difference in power or am i totally wrong?? And i really dont believe that the typhoon gives 15bhp theres no way I have one on my T Sport and even though it does make it sound alot nicer i only got 176bhp on the rollers :unsure:

Linty264

I know the typhoon is around £190, but how much is the tte back box? Im really confused bout the spark plugs...so if i change to the typhoon, get performance spark plugs and get a the tte/remus back box, may be i'd expect an exra 15bhp? :huh: alot of money to spend for a few extra power lol

I dunno wot to do now lol

No way spark plugs itself can give 10/11 bhp unless there are other stuff which maybe (jst maybe) jst about give you that figure........ & not sure about the typhoon intake givin extra 15bhp either??i luv to see it though.......

TTE is rebadge Remus if im correct? never heard the TTE / Remus exhaust sound but i had Remus fitted on 1st mazda 323F yrs ago & that was quiet, only got bit(jst little bit) noisier at higher speed otherwise no difference in sound & heard LOTS of people say that about REmus too & thats on alot of differnt cars !!

I wouldn't put too much emphisis on the claimed power increases without dynoing your car in stock form first.

So many dynos give so many different readings the only way to realistically check is to then fit the parts and go back to the same place.

Toyota have claimed so many optimistic outputs on their cars you should just drive them to see if they feel quicker after fitting the parts and be happy with that ;)

they do :) well mine had them when i changed them lol sparks i wouldnt say had anything to do with my power

and yeh , i didnt have it rolling roaded before adding silencer and k&n so dont know exactly what bhp increase i gained :)

sounds like a lot of money to spend for nothing really, mite get hold of a typhoon from the states somehow. Still anyone have any idea how much for a tte back box??

The TTE back box is 261.44 retail, TOC members price from me is 235.29 plus carriage

PM me if interested

Kingo :thumbsup:

I got mine at my local Mr T!

I don't think the backbox will give you any extra bhp but the car is quieter at cruising speed and sounds miles better than standard on full throttle! It is a well design system.

If you are looking for power increase only, go for an induction kit-k+n or pipercross!

Yep i think i will most probably go for the blitz sonic power induction kit, its better than the typhoon and slightly cheaper at 180ish also prob better as its jap made and for a jap car lol. the price that parts-king gave me for the tte back box sounds nice aswell, i was expecting like 400 :lol:

the price that parts-king gave me for the tte back box sounds nice aswell, i was expecting like 400 :lol:

I can always put my prices up to accomodate, lol

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links