Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cd/dvd Player Which One?

snowdap

hEY I want to fit a dvd player in my dash but i need to know what ones are good has any one fitted one, its a gen7 celica?

Really depends what your after, Kenwood and Pioneer make some lovely players, but they cost an arm and a leg. Halfords ripspeed brand isn't that bad, especially for the money. Are you after a double din, or do you want to get a fascia adaptor? A little more info on what your after and we can start to help :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well theres already a fascia in it but I'm guessing that is the standard one, would I need to change it? I don't want one with the motorised screen just one that fits in the dash. I was wondering about size as well how big can I go?

• 1 month later...

For electrical products I nearly always go for Sony (plus I work for sony playstation and it improves my promotion prospects to be a bit of a fanboy!)

Sony ICE are normally very good quality. Great face offs, cd changers, amps, Speakers - sometimes it pays to stick with a good name brand

Hi there,

Perhaps we should merge this thread with mine!

If you are wanting it to play and watch DVDs them a single DIN screen of around 4" may be a bit to small.

There are versions that have have motorised screens that pop out of the unit a bit like this one but you said you don't want one of those.

Or of course you can get a full double DIN unit with 6-7" screen instead, typically such units are touch screens too making navigation easier while motoring.

The only downside is that such units are expensive if you want something with decent features, (USB/SD card support etc).

Your car is a Gen 7, but is it pre facelift or post facelift?

The pre facelift ones apparently have a proper fascia plate for double DIN, the post ones have a slot that is a bit wider than double DIN thus requiring a new fasica, (I'm going to find out on Monday how much these are from Toyota). If you go for single DIN then you can buy a new fascia quite easily.

As for make, well Kenwood, Pioneer as mentioned above etc are good, however you need to identify the following this:

• What features do you require (DVD/MP4, MP3, USB etc)
  • What features would you like (SD card, iPod compatible)
  • Is watching a film on the screen provided important, or separate screen somewhere else ok?
  • Security, aka nickability factor, is the unit going to be easy to nick or bits of it?
  • Your budget

From this you should be able to figure out what you actually want!

Some units have sat nav as an option, however for £100 you can get a tomtom so I wouldn't bother with it unless you want to burn a hole in your pocket!

As for Sony, their stuff is on a par with the other big players listed, however I won't touch Sony anymore since a) some of their products are trading more on the brand name and charging more for the same quality product as other manufacturers and B) the root kit fiasco! Of course this is just *my* personal choice, so if you fancy a Sony unit go for it! :)

Lastly the maximum theoretical screen size is 8". (180mm x 100mm = 205mm diagonal = ~8") Of course in reality it would be less so you can fit buttons and a surround to the unit!

Thanks.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
hEY I want to fit a dvd player in my dash but i need to know what ones are good has any one fitted one, its a gen7 celica?

i just brought a dvd player from eBay it works really good im not affiliated with the seller what so ever either

it only cost me £106 in an auction but you can buy direct for £120 it does has a sd card slot a 4.3inch screen

reversing camera output and input

video output and input

mic input output

and 2 aux input outputs

it has a 50 line resilution(can see the pic really clear)

and they have freeview boxes aswell

does blue tooth to your phone

and you can go hands free speaking into your Speakers

the screen moves to about 4 setting angles

its a multi regional and it plays cd-r and dvd-r ect

so any downloaded films music ect will play on it even dvd's filled with like 15 albums work so space saving too

its designed by mosfet and has a sharp tft touch screen

and a remote

its only a single din so 4.3 inch screen but will do me lovely when i get stuck in a massive traffic cue on my way to newquay in the summer

and the face is detachable for security

if anyone wants there link then message me and il send it over

ive yet to get the freeview box to work as i live in a bad reception area but will go somewhere with better reception soon and try and get it to work

ive probably missed other stuff on it but im really impressed with it for the money i paid

and again i dont work for them and im not affiliated with them what so ever just thought its a bargain i could share with you guys B)

I'm having a similar problem, can't make my mind up. I've been looking at getting one of the more established brands like Kenwood or Alpine, but I would like to have built in bluetooth for my mobile, but these only seem to have the option to buy an additional adaptor.

I have found one by a company called SEVIC that has all the features I'm after, but I don't know much about them. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of this make, whether it is car stereos or some other product they make?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links