Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carbon Fibre Bonnet

moulty3

dunno about the St-185 but know of one for the ST-205

Japan is your best bet.

C1 do one and the quality is A1. bout half the weight of a stock 205 one as well.

If it's a ST185, Seibon do Carbon Replicas of the Carlos Sainz, Standard GT4 (ATA) and the flat bonnet. I have the Seibon Carlos Sainz bonnet and the quility is fantastic, weave is uniform and nigh on perfect. VIS also do a version.

As for the ST205, as said above, there is the C-One , Seibon also do them for the ST205 and Vis Racing.

I ordered mine from Mad Motors (You'll have to overlook the name) and cost £540 with next day del.

• 1 month later...

whoever put the carbon ones are half the weight of a st205 gtfour bonnet they are wrong... my guess is they are slightly lighter or basically the same as the standard gtfour bonnet is aluminium

There must be quite a bit of difference surely? Standard bonnet weighs a ton, i'd say a carbon version would be considerably lighter

• 2 weeks later...

erm i said they are half the weight!

i help ian down at TR&D in Nottingham. he has the C-ONE bonnet and we actually weighed a stock one and the carbon one, cant remember the actual weight but i do know the difference was about half! the C-ONE bonnet is a single layer of carbon fibre with a carbon fibre inner. it is nearly see through from the inside!

Taling of bonnets will the cs one fint on a standard st185. i no the bumper on mine is different to a friends who has a cs.would love to have that bonnet that you know the ones that look like the 205 ones.

any ideas?would look cool on all 185s I think

Taling of bonnets will the cs one fint on a standard st185. i no the bumper on mine is different to a friends who has a cs.would love to have that bonnet that you know the ones that look like the 205 ones.

I'm not sure it's a good idea, unless you're going to fit the Carlos cc system too. I think lots of people have done it, but to my mind you might as well buy a C/S or an R/C if that's what you want.

But anything is possible - have you seen the bonnet on Dawesy's car; now that is, as far as I know, unique. If you can fit the C/S style vent to a Rolla you can certainly do it to a regular Celica.

my bonnet is actually an ST-205 centre grafted onto the original rolla bonnet. took tome time to get right though.

IMG_1161.jpg

I'm not sure it's a good idea, unless you're going to fit the Carlos cc system too. I think lots of people have done it, but to my mind you might as well buy a C/S or an R/C if that's what you want.

But anything is possible - have you seen the bonnet on Dawesy's car; now that is, as far as I know, unique. If you can fit the C/S style vent to a Rolla you can certainly do it to a regular Celica.

Very true, it's pointless to change the standard bonnet to a cs bonnet if you still have the ATA top mount. But if you have a FMIC, The standard bonnet is made redundant (it's designed to scoop air into the Top Mount) and you would be better off with the CS bonnet to get rid of Under Bonnet heat.

In responce to ollyt86, the bonnet is a direct fit. But like i said earlier, if you have the standard ATA Top mount it'll be a bad idea to fit, as you wont get airflow to the Top mount.

Ok thanks very much, i am planning on going fmic in a few months time after i have sorted out some boring maintenance things to do first. I reakon the standard intercooler is pretty rubbish anyway as it sits on top of hot engine. Not sure though I would of thought its a bad idea. I do like the look of the cs bonnet though with the extra cam cooling hole n the mesh....very cool. thanks for the advise guys big help :D

I think the gt4 aluminium bonnet weighs in at about 12kg, and the c-one is 6kg, as stated on their website...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links