Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Replacing Standard Uk Headunit

SyCelicaGT

Hi all,

I am buying a JVC single din unit for the mk2 MR2. It's currently got an old standard UK spec head unit with the radio cassette at the top and the cd player at the bottom of the double din space.

My question is: Do I have to buy an adaptor for the new single din unit to fit correctly? Or will the new single din unit just slot in to the space without any type of adaptor?

Also I need to get a blanking plate for the empty din slot. What do you guys recommend?

Simon.

The new stereo will fit into the slot as the existing stereos are clamped together either side by a metal bracket,

Do you know the process for removing the existing stereo? It requires removing the ashtray, gear surround and center dash section.... such a pain!

As for the blanking plate, I bought a motorised screen for that slot! :P

Other options are cup holders (on eBay), CD holders, keeping the tape player but dont use it or a blank plate for holding gauges?

Give me a shout if you need help!

such a pain!

its not that bad when you done it once though.. first time figuring its the worst.

and as for aerial problems... I guess they dont happen all the time as I experienced no such prob

hope you dont either ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers for the replys. Just got back from holiday so I'm going to try this now. Sounds difficult but not impossible. I am guessing it will be obvious which screws I have to take out when I remove the gear surround, ashtray etc... Are there any guides avalible for this?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links