Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help ! I Think I Really Done It This Time

Tuned_Up_T-Sport

Hey all i REALLY need someones help here, a few months back i removed my rear seats for no real reason i suppose, but today i had my mature head on and i decided to refit them, only problem is whe i went to put them back in the anchorage point at the front was the wrong way round and the base "clicked" into place now i cant slide the seats forward beacuse of the obstructing "anchorage" point and i cant free the seats because for some stupid reason the seats wont release without them being all the way forward.......

Sorry for the long post put im really stuck now....

ELP

I'm sure if you just mess around pulling both the lever under the seats at front or the lever usually in boot and sliding it to different positions it will sort itself out :P

:crybaby: it'll cost me a fortune at toyota, damn me, i've tried sliding it and pulling it and twisting it and i even got a little angry and tried ripping it out but nothing at all wont budge, think i might have to cut the bits of plastic to allow the seat to slide and then get replacemen ones from scrapyard or something,

cheers anyways guys

:crybaby: it'll cost me a fortune at toyota, damn me, i've tried sliding it and pulling it and twisting it and i even got a little angry and tried ripping it out but nothing at all wont budge, think i might have to cut the bits of plastic to allow the seat to slide and then get replacemen ones from scrapyard or something,

cheers anyways guys

Hi again, having a guess here, but does the seat unbolt from the front edge?

I had a (very) quick look at mine yesterday and it seems you can remove a couple of plastic covers to unbolt the front leading edge of the seat. If so, can you lever it up and get to anything else, in order to help your problem?

As I said, just a guess but have a look and try to get at the problem before resorting to ripping the thing apart. You may find the retaining brackets get damages, too and have to fix more then you bargained for!

I did actually suggest you just ask a Tech question at Toyota, they sell us cars and fix/service but they are also supposed to offer support in such matters. If anything can be done, they SHOULD know and SHOULD be willing to offer you any help if possible. Gar. :P

Cheers for that matey i just had a quick look it seems theres 2 little screw underneath the plastic covers at the front only problem is getting a screwdriver in there lol.... I need to go to Mr.T. to order me a fascia so i'll have an ask..

Cheers pal

Andy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links