Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris T Sport 1.5 2001 Cat Converter Gone - Need A New One-any Suggest

bosco

HI. The catilytic converter has packed up and I need a new one. Cant afford a genuine toyota one and could anyone out there recommend a after market one to replace it. I think the actual exhaust is ok but was wondering on a sports cat but cant find one on the net for a yaris t sport. Or should i just buy a complete system from Envy? Do Envy do just the cat?

Any feedback appreicated.

Thanks.

Ps I am relocating to Ireland and was planning on selling my T POT and getting a 2004/2005 T pot 5 door so I want to fix this problem before I sell it.

HI. The catilytic converter has packed up and I need a new one. Cant afford a genuine toyota one and could anyone out there recommend a after market one to replace it. I think the actual exhaust is ok but was wondering on a sports cat but cant find one on the net for a yaris t sport. Or should i just buy a complete system from Envy? Do Envy do just the cat?

Any feedback appreicated.

Thanks.

Ps I am relocating to Ireland and was planning on selling my T POT and getting a 2004/2005 T pot 5 door so I want to fix this problem before I sell it.

Try getting a use done from a reliable scrappy. If it came from a fairly low mileage, good pre-smash car, it should be ok to swap.

• 3 months later...
how can u tell if the cat has gone?

I've just replaced the top and mid section including the cat of my ts exhaust. Car has 80k miles. The exhaust just becomes progressively more noisy. During the the latest time tho the fuel consumption rocketed a lot i think this was due to the misreading of the lambda sensors which are placed in the cat and were sending the wrong info to the vvti - i think. Now that is all replaced consumption have come back to normal and the engine does sound as new! Thats unbelivable to me considering it got 80K+ miles now. The engine has recovered its "vocal" sound as when it was really new. The other think was the annoying constant coming up of the engine warning light in the d/board, which has now disappered since the exhaust replacement. I experienced this problem quite early when actually the car was still under the 3 yrs guarantee but mr T was always putting this down to bad petrol and stuff ie no actions required. Considering loads of ts' have this annoying problem which comes quite early i wld conclude that the car may have a cat/exhaust fault/bad desing...

Exhaust a Fix can get a cat for £129 fitted

that will be from a main manufacturer so got o a few exhaust places, price it up see that the damage is

my cat went 2 was a right !Removed! on to get it fixed as if your cat has broke you need to fix the problem of why it broke before you can put another cat in otherwise it will just spit its gutts out the back of your car again

mine was the mass airflow sensor and a lambdar sensor in the end expensive to replace when you need

lambdar-£80

mass air flow£90

sports cat - £300+

hopefuly yours wont be so bad

also just cause your engine management light is on doesnt mean its the cat, have you had an mot recently because if the cat is broke you wont pass one of them. maybe go to toyota and get it on the fauult reader

good luck

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links