Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

3.0 Nasp Supra Questions

EireCelica

Gents, I usually hang around in the Celica are but I would appreciate any info ye may offer for a chap that posts on another forum I use..........

"Anyone have any knowledge about the non turbo supras? I have an opurtunity to buy a manual one in A1 condition for not alot. Only thing is, it feels dog slow till 5k then really obviously perks up till 6500ish. Is this normal? It feels very slow below then, i mean similar to the works mondeo 1.8 .

Anyone know any common faults, facts and figures? "

Any one any experience or info I can pass on, many thanks. (if ye don't know no one does !!)

Manual Non Turbo Supra mk4 should still put you in your seat. If it feels similar to a 1.8 mondeo then its knackered. Stock manual should be able to do 0-60 in about 6secs

• 3 weeks later...

My n/a manual was easily under 6secs 0-60....then again it was stripped.

I preffered driving it a lot more than my twin turbo auto....

I sold a perfectly good W58 (Supra 5 Speed Manual) box on eBay last year for only about £50 if i remember correctly. The guy had a bargain there!

damn yeah thats cheap as chips .

You could have made a small fortune there .

By the way i'm liking the look of the mk2, is that the lexus lump? - any links to more info/pics ?

Says the bloke from birmingham with a civic :ph34r::wheelchair:

I had a 3.0 supra a few years back and also found a problem with very slow pickup, that turned out to be the spark plugs, as you look at the engine plugs 3 & 4 are under the aluminum plenum inlet pipework which has to be remove before those two plugs can be replaced, clearly the past owner of mine one only replace the easy ones to get at at each end :rolleyes: ...hope that helps, good luck.

So is the n/a Mk4 Supra faster to 60 than an n/a Mk2 MR2?

Oh yes very much so. But if its an auto n/a supra then there isnt a lot in it between that and a manual mr2 as the auto box is very slow on the uptake.

So is the n/a Mk4 Supra faster to 60 than an n/a Mk2 MR2?

Oh yes very much so. But if its an auto n/a supra then there isnt a lot in it between that and a manual mr2 as the auto box is very slow on the uptake.

Cheers for that Lee, I have been holding back on getting a n/a Supra for ages thinking they are dog slow, I'm guessing from the size of the Supra it wont feel like as much fun tho?

Manual Supras are awesome fun, but you gotta have plenty of nuts to get to the fun ;) You need to properly push them. And when the back end comes out its properly you vs the car. When you bring it back in you'll be grinning like a maniac :lol:

It does weigh a lot more than an MR2 but i think the drive is much more rewarding ;)

and really dont disregard the auto box before you try it - there is a manual mode !

You can get a j-spec auto for not much more than a manual n/a !

Im not saying the n/a auto is a bad car. Its just that the auto's arent as fast as the manuals and you cant really have as much fun in the auto.

Otherwise hard driving aside, the auto n/a makes a great GT car.

I would go for a TT Auto mate. Not that much money.

The only reason I would go for a n/a is if it was a very nicely kitted Aero top - with scope for a TT conversion down the line.

If you strip out an N/A manual it can keep up with a Auto TT.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links