Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Woe Is Me!

jude

Just been out washing the rav in the first decent sunny day for ages - and discovered need two new front tyres!! :(

Tracking must be out or something, they were fine just before xmas when i checked the pressures, only done 13k on them.

Looks i'll be ringing round local Mr T's for best prices tomorrow

Just been out washing the rav in the first decent sunny day for ages - and discovered need two new front tyres!! :(

Tracking must be out or something, they were fine just before xmas when i checked the pressures, only done 13k on them.

Looks i'll be ringing round local Mr T's for best prices tomorrow

Ye'll be fine....jist turn them inside oot and draw some wavy lines oan them.... and try to stop hitting the kerbs!

Our frugal scottish contact knows the very best ways of saving a bob or two but I really think you should pm kingo on this one as he is completely kitted up for these. Although Queensferry is a trip down the M56 he might arrange to get the geometry looked at during the same visit.

Ouch - 13k! If they've worn evenly then I doubt there's a tracking or alignment issue (though worth getting it checked). A colleague at my previous work had a big Volvo and found his front tyres only gave him 10k. Tyre life comes down to a number of factors, including:

a) The brand and type of tyre - Michelin have long supplied general purpose road tyres that last well (Synchrone's on my daughter's Freelander at 52k and still >4mm left); snow and ice tyres, plus high performance tyres, tend to have much softer rubber - improves grip but wears much faster.

b) How you drive - if you make the tyres work to maintain grip then expect more rubber to get left on the road.

c) Correct inflation - affects tyre life as well as fuel economy. And remember pressure will vary with temperature.

How are other T180 users faring? I'm disappointed with the tyres on my XT4 because of limited choice when I need to replace them (and they look like managing 30-40k) but at least there's something (and I expect more will come along in the next year or two) - T180 drivers get no choice.

I've mentioned afore, but when the RAV came oot in 1994, the only option was Dunlop at £200+ VAT a tyre. Same with the 1994 Previa. And thats 14 years ago!!!

Good news Jude!!

You're not the only one who needs 2 new front tyres, was checking them yesterday and they are down to the wear indicator at 'only' 15800 miles :crybaby:

I'm going to ring round to a few dealers to find out some prices (not all dealers in my area have the kit to change a tyre), as the wear is perfectly even it must be the wife's driving.... :D

EDIT: After much ringing round (and even an pm to Kingo!) it would seem that £274 (fully fitted) per tyre is the best price I could find :eek::jawdrop:

P.S Would anyone like to swap their XT5 for a T180? I'll even throw in some mince pies... (and if really pushed, some Christmas cake :lol: )

Did some contacting of local dealers today. Best price was £180.94 fully fitted per tyre which probably isn't too bad all things considered.

I did speak to the dealer who usually looks after our cars who seemed to think that something maybe afoot! So even though they aren't the cheapest (198.32 per tyre) I may take it to them and see what they say.

He did say that they expect tyres on the t180 to last 30-40k.

Good news Jude!!

You're not the only one who needs 2 new front tyres, was checking them yesterday and they are down to the wear indicator at 'only' 15800 miles :crybaby:

I'm going to ring round to a few dealers to find out some prices (not all dealers in my area have the kit to change a tyre), as the wear is perfectly even it must be the wife's driving.... :D

EDIT: After much ringing round (and even an pm to Kingo!) it would seem that £274 (fully fitted) per tyre is the best price I could find :eek::jawdrop:

P.S Would anyone like to swap their XT5 for a T180? I'll even throw in some mince pies... (and if really pushed, some Christmas cake :lol: )

I'll swap ma caravan and propane bus and even throw in 2 petrol generators as weel..... mind the offer ony lasts 2 hours. Yer loss.

After even more ringing around, I've managed to get the price down to £200 a tyre fully fitted :thumbsup:

I'll swap ma caravan and propane bus and even throw in 2 petrol generators as weel..... mind the offer ony lasts 2 hours. Yer loss.

Bothy, thanks for the kind offer but I was in bed, like I will be tonight too, at 9pm last night (anyone else want to get up at 1am with me!?) :closedeyes:

Question is, could you bring yourself to own a 5 door diesel...? :lol::lol:

Bothy, thanks for the kind offer but I was in bed, like I will be tonight too, at 9pm last night (anyone else want to get up at 1am with me!?) :closedeyes:

Bed with you - dunno - [post a picture and we'll all have a look!]

Guys , I've used this company when i has a set of tyres fitted to my old Lexus IS200...and they come to you, their prices must come in cheaper than the prices quoted above :rolleyes:

http://www.event-tyres.co.uk/

They do an on line quotation.

Hi Jude,

We've not met before and I'm rubbish at getting on here overly regularly but just spotted this. A friend of my has recently used an online tyre firm called www.valuetyres.co.uk she's got a Trooper and was very impressed with the tyres she has had fitted. I think she went with some (in her words) 70:30's due to the rough roads in Bucks!! ;) and she went for the fitted option at her local garage. Not sure if it would be worth a go...

Rowan :)

Hi Jude,

We've not met before and I'm rubbish at getting on here overly regularly but just spotted this. A friend of my has recently used an online tyre firm called www.valuetyres.co.uk she's got a Trooper and was very impressed with the tyres she has had fitted. I think she went with some (in her words) 70:30's due to the rough roads in Bucks!! ;) and she went for the fitted option at her local garage. Not sure if it would be worth a go...

Used the above before for wife's car...And garage fitted them near my work..Reasonable priced..Also used Event tyres for my last set on the RAV...Looking on there web site also noticed the price has shot up for the tyres I last brought by almost £20 extra.... :eek: :eek:

Hi Jude,

Used the above before for wife's car...And garage fitted them near my work..Reasonable priced..Also used Event tyres for my last set on the RAV...Looking on there web site also noticed the price has shot up for the tyres I last brought by almost £20 extra.... :eek: :eek:

In yer membership description, ah've notised that ye havnae added yer wifes cars description....I assume its a 3 door RAV? Cumon - nae need tae be bashfu aboot it!

In yer membership description, ah've notised that ye havnae added yer wifes cars description....I assume its a 3 door RAV? Cumon - nae need tae be bashfu aboot it!

It's French and we can fold away the roof in the boot....Saves putting shopping in there...........

That's all I'm saying.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hi Jude,

He's shown plenty of pictures of it but probably in the day when you were asleep!

Ye cannae fool me ye ken.

Didnae tak me twa minutes tae figur oot its a Citroen 2CV wi a canvas roof ye pit in the boot cos thats waur it'll go....naewhere else!! Ah can jist see it the noo - tangerine orange wi black alloys! An nae 5 doors. :lol:

Jist fur the sake o letting ye ken, ma roof almost survived the gales last nicht. Ah still hae ma TV aerials, but their haingin frae the roof chimney. The sheet metal I had ootside is blawin aw oer the place and its too danjerus tae go oot an weigh them doon!! An fower o ma cars are within droppin distance o the trees we have eating the CO2 aroon here....never slept last nicht fur fear o ma lightweight 3 door RAV blawin awa....suppose there is an advantage tae a 5 door aifter aw! Mind ye, wi 80mph gales, ah cuid hae gone oot an achieved a 0-60 in unner a microsecond! :unsure: :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links