Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Squeeky Sound From Clutch

ToTo_17

Hi!

I have a phase 2 TSport and I noticed recently that when I press the clutch, there is a squeaky noise. It seems to be coming from under the bonnet and not from inside the car. Could this just be a lubrication issue with oil or WD40 that I can solve, or is it something worse instead?

Thanks! ;)

I've got an annoying squeeky sound, sounds like it's coming from the left hand side of the car under the bonnet, all I know is the clutch and gearbox are on that side and Toyota don't know what it is as it doesn't make the noise all the time.

Mine does it when the clutch is pressed, and also to try and get the noise to come to find out where it was I put the handbrake on put the car into first and got the clutch to bite and it makes the noise then.

Someone suggested thrust bearing (clutch issue)

But I havn't got a clue, it's not like i'm hard on the clutch

Will most likely be the pivot ball on the clutch actuator arm inside the gearbox. This can be lubricated without removing the 'box. If you unbolt the clutch slave cylinder, move the clutch arm across far enough to get a thin painbrush covered in copper grease into ther gap you can grease the ball.

Done it many times on Yaris.

Mart.

I had this on my T3, was really bugging me on what it was, looked under the bonnet with a mate doing it and it was the pivot thing that mart said. Seems to have gone for now!

mine sometimes makes a chirping noise, goes away when i put a bit of foot on clutch pedal.

mine sometimes makes a chirping noise, goes away when i put a bit of foot on clutch pedal.

Clutch release bearing, same as mine.

the corolla t sport suffers the same problem..... turned out to be the master cylinder and toyota upgraded it. maybe the same?

the corolla t sport suffers the same problem..... turned out to be the master cylinder and toyota upgraded it. maybe the same?

No, not the same. The noise is coming from around the gearbox area. If it was coming from under the dash or from other side of engine bay it would be the master cylinder. :)

Mart.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links