Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitted My Tpyhoon :)

borodaz

well i fitted my typhoon and heat shield today and been for a little spin to hear it roar :D

couldnt go too far as i was very low on petrol and roads are wet at the moment, but from the drive i did take i was impressed.

havent felt lift in first yet with the typhoon but have in 2nd 3rd and 4th. the kick and pull lift creates has improved a fair bit especially in 4th, i used to feel (without typhoon) lift in 4th but it wasnt as good as 3rd was. now with the typhoon lift in 4th is just about the same as the lift in 3rd gear without the typhoon. hope i made sense there lol. lift in 2nd and 3rd has improved too :) and the sound is better too :)

came off a roundabout in second and put my foot down (this being before ive hit lift) and usually before i had the typhoon i could just about get away with no wheel spin in damp road condition. now with the typhoon the wheels were spinning before i hit lift lol obviously i cant say for definate the road conditions where exactly the same and may even be because my tires have worn more but i can definatly feel difference, cant wait for the summer :D lol

next on my list is either a quick shift or decent tires to keep the power down :D

Sounds good mate!! :thumbsup:

You decided if you're coming to the rolling road yet?

It'll be interesting to see what gain it's given you!! :D

I'm really gonna have to get myself sorted with an induction kit!! :)

yeh it does sound good too :) put window down to hear it whilst driving lol

yeh im going to get myself there, is they anywere near the rolling road, for food ? as its a long distance from me i shall be fairly hungry :) going to check what shift im on at work tomorow but can still put a holiday in for that day. i aint seen my friend yet to ask him about it he may not be interested anyway.

i think i shall have a decent exhaust on my car by the the time for rolling road, going to check some exhausts out in couple of month to see if i will get any extra ponies from them.

The rolling road isn't far from Birstall (Jn 29 M62), TGI, Frankie & Benny's, McDonalds etc etc :thumbsup:

Thinking about a Blitz Sonic myself, had one on order but had to cancel due to needing 5 new tyres, rear brakes, brake fluid, clutch fluid oh and car tax next month!!!! :crybaby:

just been out again in the car, hopefully some typhoon user's will be able to help me out here :)

when ive got my music off in the car i can hear a noise, it sounds like air flowing very fast through something (bit obvious as thats what the induction kit does) lol

but this seems fairly loud , is it the typhoon sucking all the air in ? thx for any advice

just been out again in the car, hopefully some typhoon user's will be able to help me out here :)

when ive got my music off in the car i can hear a noise, it sounds like air flowing very fast through something (bit obvious as thats what the induction kit does) lol

but this seems fairly loud , is it the typhoon sucking all the air in ? thx for any advice

Yea mine is realy LOUD when the engine is cold, it gets quieter when it warms up though. Also can hear it sucking when i change down a gear too.

It shocked me a bit too when i first fitted it.

Yea mine is realy LOUD when the engine is cold, it gets quieter when it warms up though. Also can hear it sucking when i change down a gear too.

It shocked me a bit too when i first fitted it.

I'll second that! You can hearing the suction through the air vents in the cabin! Kinda loud but calms down when warmed up... until you hit lift that is! B)

also since ive fitted the typhoon when i switch the engine off after driving i can hear a sound, sounds like a fan slowing down sort of.

may not be due to the typhoon, anyone else got this ?

I get a 'whooshing' sound when I turn off.

It's quite normal :thumbsup:

Yeah it actually sounds quite cool! B)

Guest mightyandrew
also since ive fitted the typhoon when i switch the engine off after driving i can hear a sound, sounds like a fan slowing down sort of.

may not be due to the typhoon, anyone else got this ?

Yeah it actually sounds quite cool! B)

i get that too thats normal :thumbsup:

RE: that whoosing noise i was aksing everyone on the boards about it last year no one was sure at the time. I ended up just living with it.

It's something to do with the extra amount of air its using plus its not a sealed airbox, so when you kill the ignition the fuel is cut off and the engine trisd to suck more air for about 1-2seconds as the air/fuel ratio changes.

Does sound different to every other car though.

Armz.

hi ive just bought a corolla T sport which was fine for the 1st 2 weeks then i fitted a blitz induction kit on and now the engine management light and traction control lights are on, toyota replaced the oxygen sensor but the light just came back on. has anyone else had this problem after fitting an induction kit??

yeah when toyota replaced the sensor they reset it and they went off for a day then came bak on.

yeah when toyota replaced the sensor they reset it and they went off for a day then came bak on.

i have been considering a blitz filter........ only reservation i have is i saw a home made filtration test and the blitz let loads of dirt through. infact most of them let a lot more dirt in compered to standard filters that didnt really let anything past.. some tuners dont believe in induction kits as they let more air in by filtering less.

hi ive just bought a corolla T sport which was fine for the 1st 2 weeks then i fitted a blitz induction kit on and now the engine management light and traction control lights are on, toyota replaced the oxygen sensor but the light just came back on. has anyone else had this problem after fitting an induction kit??

toyotaownersclub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=727

HTH

i have been considering a blitz filter........ only reservation i have is i saw a home made filtration test and the blitz let loads of dirt through. infact most of them let a lot more dirt in compered to standard filters that didnt really let anything past.. some tuners dont believe in induction kits as they let more air in by filtering less.

hi i have just bought a blitz filter and it sounds awsome!! this is a mesh filter made with same steel as from blitz exhausts, i dont kno bout the filtering but it does sound good, well it will let more dirt in but if you clean it often then you shouldnt have too much of a problem with it.

Blitz stuff cant be beaten really, gonna order a backbox for mine soon nice Nur Spec R got sonic power induction already its the dogs

so is blitz better than the typhoon ? what is this nur spec r back box all about , will it add power ? how much is it ?

so is blitz better than the typhoon ? what is this nur spec r back box all about , will it add power ? how much is it ?

IMHO absolutely, Blitz stuff is really top quality if you google blitz nur spec r and have a look they look great, all performance exhausts add a little bit of power maybe 2-3 bhp but I just like the look and sound of these ones better than anything else to get serious gains from the exhaust you'd have to have equal length headers and a free flow cat with the straightest route you could get.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links