Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

"style Pack" Bits Falling Off

Hoovie

I have a 4.2 RAV4 (05 plate) with the 'Style Pack' - you know, the one with the chrome& plastic nudgebar, round chrome sidebars and round rear step.

This is my RAV4 .....

DSC00746.jpg

The sidebars had black plastic caps which are rivetted on, and over time every single one of these caps has worked loose and I have had to clean out the old rivet and reattached with a new pop-rivet each one :rolleyes:

The first time this happened, I lost one of the caps and had to order a new pair. The dealer said they had never heard of these coming loose, but now I have had 4 loose, I can't believe that :o

Onto the bullbar/nudgebar ..... this has a chrome strip on the lower part and when I washed the car at the weekend, I noticed this was only secured at the centre and was sort of flapping about :unsure: not noticed this before and I am guessing it would have been secured at the sides as well? As I had the rivetter out, I decided to drill a hole in each top corner and pop-rivet this secure to make sure, rather then having to pay out for a new chrome strip if it fell off (looks ok with the rivets, actually ;) ) - anyone has this problem and how did you sort it?

It could be worse - my steel bull bar has rusted from the inside out, and is u/s and obsolete. End up having to get a local stainless steel man to make one up for me!!

Then again, anchorman disnae like it so I might get one made up twice the size!! :lol:

Yes i have had the same thing happen to me

Only on one side but both the caps fell out had to buy new one's. Probably on the side of the road some were rotting away :(

Yes i have had the same thing happen to me

Only on one side but both the caps fell out had to buy new one's. Probably on the side of the road some were rotting away :(

Not so bad its just the caps. The original Toyota sidebar/steps rotted and fell off 4 years ago. The add ons don't appear to be as well made as the main car. Theres a brace of off-side rear lights covers lying around somewhere as well!!

Am I right in thinking that all these "extras" are added to the vehicle by the dealer? Certainly in Ireland (which has a lower spec of vehicle than in UK - and a higher cost :ermm: ) the dealer fitted the front bar, sidesteps, some sort of expensive but fairly impressive looking twin exhaust system complete with skirty thing etc to a "stock" vehicle in the colour etc I wanted. So maybe it's the dealer rather than Toyota factory that needs to tighten up (no pun intended) their act??

Am I right in thinking that all these "extras" are added to the vehicle by the dealer? Certainly in Ireland (which has a lower spec of vehicle than in UK - and a higher cost :ermm: ) the dealer fitted the front bar, sidesteps, some sort of expensive but fairly impressive looking twin exhaust system complete with skirty thing etc to a "stock" vehicle in the colour etc I wanted. So maybe it's the dealer rather than Toyota factory that needs to tighten up (no pun intended) their act??

I am pretty sure that you are right - dealer fitment (I bought my RAV4 2nd hand with the kit already in place). In the case of the caps, I think they are fitted to the chrome bars ok (I mean as they are meant to be), just the method of fitment is not actually good enough to last. I am toying with the idea of drilling a 2nd hole in each bar and put ion an extra pop-rivet into each.

This is what I did on the front nudge-bar to make sure the lower trim didn't disappear into a hedge

Rav4-Nudge1Medium-1.jpg

maybe able to spot the little rivets in the top corners of the lower chrome trim B)

I can indeed - mine's a different shape/fitting, maybe there's a reason for that......

P2220233.jpg

I've just been out and prodded and pulled the bar on the front of mine - all seems well at the moment

Style packs are fitted at the PDI centre, usually Portbury in the UK, where the cars are imported into. They (Toyota PDI workers) fit the genuine Toyota accessories that you would be able to buy from your dealer, IE, Genuine Toyota accessories. ALL of these accessories come with the same 3 year 60K warranty, so if anything falls off, and it's within warranty, take it back to the dealer for repair.

Kingo :thumbsup:

Style packs are fitted at the PDI centre, usually Portbury in the UK, where the cars are imported into. They (Toyota PDI workers) fit the genuine Toyota accessories that you would be able to buy from your dealer, IE, Genuine Toyota accessories. ALL of these accessories come with the same 3 year 60K warranty, so if anything falls off, and it's within warranty, take it back to the dealer for repair.

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hi Kingo - I can't remember the exact conversation, but my dealer said (I think) that the accessories were only covered for a year, but they did agree to refund the cost of the end caps I ordered during my conversation with them (I think I complained that even though the car may have been over a year old, the bit fell off just a few months after I bought the car from them). So like I said - may have remembered detail wrong, but thought it was just a year?

So covered for full 3 years if fitted at PDI centre - what about if it is added by the actual dealer out the accessories catalog? just a year or maybe covered until car is 3 years old?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links