Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Took A Leak On The Road

pauls n/a MR2 GTI

well the car was looking good, driving better, till it rook a ***** on the way home today, crowded motorway after an hour at 90 mph and the head gaskett blew.

i mean blew! the car was simply squirting coolant out all over the engine bay.

what is the best replacement, its only an N/A uk rev 1 GTI-16 so power is really not the issue but i think the fan has packed in too so ill need to replace that aussi.

and you thought you were the only one AXGISMO?

paul

well the car was looking good, driving better, till it rook a ***** on the way home today, crowded motorway after an hour at 90 mph and the head gaskett blew.

i mean blew! the car was simply squirting coolant out all over the engine bay.

what is the best replacement, its only an N/A uk rev 1 GTI-16 so power is really not the issue but i think the fan has packed in too so ill need to replace that aussi.

and you thought you were the only one AXGISMO?

paul

Sorry to hear about ur 2!

My head gasket went a couple of months ago, stone had punctured rad, so had to get a new rad too. It cost £600 for h/g work and rad, and then my front suspension started knocking and grinding so I had to get all new bits for that... another £400!

Car is all sorted now, but I have lost a bit of confidence in it, and dont want to spend any more money on it. My solution was to get an Auris and im gonna sell the mr2 :(

Hope u get ur 2 sorted mate

Si

Revision 6 do a deal for a replacement, if you goto the site www.revision6.com they list the engine swap at £300 plus VAT.

Oh No!!!! It wasnt me! i didnt do it!

Im sorry lol!

Hope you get it all sorted soon :(

Gizzy x

you blatently did woman i saw you and your !Removed! really badly parked (which seems to be your thing from the photos) near mi casa.

unfort as well as loosing a head gaskett i also "lost the rag" which is an old irish wife beating saying, with her indoors, when she started moaning about more money being spent on the car....WELL NO MORE!!! I PUT MY FOOT DOWN and said .... "well thats your opinion and i respect that ill sleep downstairs shall i dear?"

that told the !Removed!..... no...... wait it didnt...

anyway its totally Gizzy's fault and no one elses, she is to blame for my gaskett, the weather, my sleeping downstairs......etc.

i hope your happy Gizz, i hope your happy.

Just tell the wife mate....

"I'm getting this done" .... I do... it always seems to work.

I'm gonna try the... "I'm getting my front bumper repaired" speech sometime very soon.

:)

Just tell the wife mate....

"I'm getting this done" .... I do... it always seems to work.

I'm gonna try the... "I'm getting my front bumper repaired" speech sometime very soon.

:)

ha ha good luck Jim, she has not been upgraded to wife status yet,, or should i say demoted....

no i think ill try the old irish " you'll shut up or you'll be needing an umbrella" speech!

then when her dad calls ill just leave the country..

Hahaha! my HG is on its way out too now! oh dear oh dear!!!

I do apologise profoundly! I think i should leave TOC lol

Laura x

90 mph.......mmmmmm mebbe you deserved it then!!!

WHAT!!!!!! how can you even say that dude!!!!!! jesus it should do 90mph all day and still be cool....

WHAT!!!!!! how can you even say that dude!!!!!! jesus it should do 90mph all day and still be cool....

I think she is commenting on the legal speed limit!

I think she is commenting on the legal speed limit!

well %$( that too!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

yeah and i bet he killed/ran over about 5 school kids too......... on the MOTORWAY :rolleyes:

lets face it, if you are doing less than 80mph these days you are slowing people up/being overtaken... the country has moved on from all those decades ago from when the 70mph limit was placed, we dont all have dodgy drum wooden brakes for starters! :rolleyes:

90mph is just keeping up!

if you are handy with the spanners, replacing the head gasket could cost you about £200 if you DIY

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

yeah and i bet he killed/ran over about 5 school kids too......... on the MOTORWAY :rolleyes:

lets face it, if you are doing less than 80mph these days you are slowing people up/being overtaken... the country has moved on from all those decades ago from when the 70mph limit was placed, we dont all have dodgy drum wooden brakes for starters! :rolleyes:

90mph is just keeping up!

if you are handy with the spanners, replacing the head gasket could cost you about £200 if you DIY

WAHEY!!! WELL SAID!!! !Removed! eco hippies and nae-sayers should read the performance files on CO2 emissions in transient traffic...... the average car is 76% MORE efficient in mg/CO2/mile at 90mph than it is at 30 mph in town

so like NAAAHHH to them. *****s, who do they think they are.......???

yeah ill fix the head and flog the car and buy a turbo and drive EVERYWHERE AT 120MPH ON FULL BOOST!!! WOOO HOOOO

(i would like to point out at this time i do not agree with speeding in a built up area where kids or the elderly could be at risk, thats just not cool, thank you)

(i would like to point out at this time i do not agree with speeding in a built up area where kids or the elderly could be at risk, thats just not cool, thank you)

And the people inbetween obviously :P

And the people inbetween obviously :P

well, i guess some of them........

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links