Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

02 Petrol Nrg Not Idling Properly

freestyle

hi guys,

seem to have started developing a problem with the rav and need some advice.

got a shock on the way to work yesterday morning when sitting at the traffic lights i noticed all the dash lights were on as the engine wasn't running, slightly confused i started her up again (started fine) and went on my way.

since then i've noticed that as i come to a stop and engage the clutch, the rev counter is dropping to millimetres above 0 and the engine begins to struggle requiring me to apply the throttle gently to avoid stalling.

i've only noticed this since yesterday and havent done anything to the car in that time period and the only thing i have ever done to the engine is add a tom's replacement panel filter last year, so does any one have any ideas before i succumb to spending money at a garage?

I suppose the first thing is to just check all the obvious things like wires and vacuum pipes etc as well as your air filter.

There is an idle control valve and another favourite for that kind of acting up is the mass airflow meter. You can clean the latter if you do it carefully and there are some simple function checks if you have a multi meter. Do the obvious ones first and if it doesn't fix it and you want to delve further come back to us.

Good luck

Aye - there's a fair few that idle aroon here, me included! Yer machine is jist 2 years too young fur me tae comment sensibly (an opening fur sum o the jokers aroon here tae get their ain back).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links