Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Upgrade

Wayne Sundborg

i mean how **** is that?

you got a nurse out of it you lucky swine rofl

you should be sending us nurseless ppl presents :D

get well soon m8, flu is lousy

and yay I got another 7 mph to play with legally then ;)

i mean how **** is that?

you got a nurse out of it you lucky swine rofl

you should be sending us nurseless ppl presents :D

get well soon m8, flu is lousy

and yay I got another 7 mph to play with legally then ;)

yay! well technically she is my girlfriend but she is spoiling me rotten so i cant complain.

and the uniform was a must OBVIOUSLY!!!!!!!

gotta keep it professional.

sweeeet! :doctor:

hah ha ha ha they actually bocked out the name of my village!! its not a curse word its a real place... check it out lads it's T E R M O N F E C K I N thats the actual name!!!!! google earth or multimap it¬!!!!

you really are a bit of a pillock, who has no concept of understanding the bare minimum, i give up i can see its past your ability to learn :)

lmao I'm glad you give up. it was like 2 seperate conversations.... yours was rubbish and tiresome....

and yours was full of dire crap, with lack of knowledge!

and the uniform was a must OBVIOUSLY!!!!!!!

heh totally awesome! Just be careful she doesn't whip a thermometer out to put it in to whip it out again rofl

[EDIT]Comment removed by T600.[/EDIT]

As for wheels, I have 17inch 8j wheels and the car handles fine, even better when i get my new suspension.

Mike

This is getting a bit out of hand peeps. Lets play nicely.

Nothing wrong (in my opinion) with differing views but there's no need for personal insults.

Really can't believe some of the crap I'm reading.

I'm assuming McLovin, and others, that you've tried the MR2 with all different wheel sizes before stating the pro's and con's of wheel sizes and not just going from hearsay.

I have a set of 15" standard Rev4 wheels.

I have a set of 16" Volks Racing forged lightweight wheels.

I have a set of 16" Buddy Club forged lightweight wheels.

I've had a set of 17" Compomotives (not known for their light weight).

I'm currently running a set of OZ Super Tourismo GT's... 17" front, 18" rear.

I've done enough miles with each set of wheels to know what I like, and I'm still running the current setup.

Yes, mathematically a larger wheel will slow down acceleration, turn in and increase braking distances... but not by the amount that everyone seems to be putting emphasis on.

Think about group A rally cars on the tarmac stages. What size wheels are they using? They save the 14's, 15's and sometimes 16's for the dirt stages. They tend to run 18's on tarmac stages. Yes, some of this is so they can fit bigger brakes, but if the 18's really screwed up the handling of the car the brake issue would be irrelevant. Obviously a rally car is lighter and all the other reasons you all want to give for an argument are right, but the fact of the matter remains that no race car would wear a set of 18's if they were really that bad.

There's a lot to consider when playing around with wheels.

Why even go to 16" wheels when Toyota spent millions developing the car using 14" and 15" wheels through it's product life?

Anyone putting anything other than a standard wheel on an MR2 is being hypocritical when putting down someone else's choice for going with different size wheels.

It is all about personal preference.

In my opinion, even with the power my car's putting down, the standard 15" wheels, and even the 16" Volks (narrower than the Buddy Club's) are very skittish on country roads especially.

If my car is going on the track I'd probably put the 16" Buddy Club's on.

How often do you guys really drive the car at 100%?

How many of us are really good enough drivers to make the suspension and wheels the limitation of the car's ability? You could drive the best handling car in the world into a series of corners at the wrong speed and line and be all over the place, and soon in a ditch.

Unless you're a purist or a track day hero, aftermarket wheels should just be a choice of what you like the look and feel of yourself. So what if no-one else likes them. It's your car.

The people on forums that tend to like "e-fighting" are generally pussies in real life. Can't understand why people want to get personal over something so trivial. Get a **** life.

LOL , I will assume that this part of your post is in reply to mine. all of what you stated there is fair enough, :) but to say a car handles great on the MOTORWAY is just stupid, and totally missing the meaning of handling!

How is saying a car handles great on a motorway stupid?? For all you know the car could have handled completely crap on the motorway with 18" wheels... (and yes cars can handle bad on a motorway...)

Some people need to think before they post....

I know that I much prefer my old 17's to my standard 15's. The slight tramlining I experienced was something I just lived with as it wasn't that much of an issue for me. The feedback was interesting.... wasn't much lol and I came to realise that tbqh it tended to let go at a point in attacking corners which I shouldn't really have been reaching(too quickly, turbo spooling, wet roads etc). The grip on the 17's was however far superior in my experience to the 15's I'm running at the moment, but then the tyres aren't the best. Also, it was nicer looking with larger wheels imo...

a really nice program to help with seeing what your car would look like with mods such as wheels, colour, graphics(if you like these things) etc is 'Tuning Car Studio'. Work with any car also... just need a picture of the car you want to alter, and some working at it as it comes in german without the patch for english text. Doesn't do everything mind....

Really can't believe some of the crap I'm reading.

I'm assuming McLovin, and others, that you've tried the MR2 with all different wheel sizes before stating the pro's and con's of wheel sizes and not just going from hearsay.

I have a set of 15" standard Rev4 wheels.

I have a set of 16" Volks Racing forged lightweight wheels.

I have a set of 16" Buddy Club forged lightweight wheels.

I've had a set of 17" Compomotives (not known for their light weight).

I'm currently running a set of OZ Super Tourismo GT's... 17" front, 18" rear.

I've done enough miles with each set of wheels to know what I like, and I'm still running the current setup.

Yes, mathematically a larger wheel will slow down acceleration, turn in and increase braking distances... but not by the amount that everyone seems to be putting emphasis on.

Think about group A rally cars on the tarmac stages. What size wheels are they using? They save the 14's, 15's and sometimes 16's for the dirt stages. They tend to run 18's on tarmac stages. Yes, some of this is so they can fit bigger brakes, but if the 18's really screwed up the handling of the car the brake issue would be irrelevant. Obviously a rally car is lighter and all the other reasons you all want to give for an argument are right, but the fact of the matter remains that no race car would wear a set of 18's if they were really that bad.

There's a lot to consider when playing around with wheels.

Why even go to 16" wheels when Toyota spent millions developing the car using 14" and 15" wheels through it's product life?

Anyone putting anything other than a standard wheel on an MR2 is being hypocritical when putting down someone else's choice for going with different size wheels.

It is all about personal preference.

In my opinion, even with the power my car's putting down, the standard 15" wheels, and even the 16" Volks (narrower than the Buddy Club's) are very skittish on country roads especially.

If my car is going on the track I'd probably put the 16" Buddy Club's on.

How often do you guys really drive the car at 100%?

How many of us are really good enough drivers to make the suspension and wheels the limitation of the car's ability? You could drive the best handling car in the world into a series of corners at the wrong speed and line and be all over the place, and soon in a ditch.

Unless you're a purist or a track day hero, aftermarket wheels should just be a choice of what you like the look and feel of yourself. So what if no-one else likes them. It's your car.

The people on forums that tend to like "e-fighting" are generally pussies in real life. Can't understand why people want to get personal over something so trivial. Get a **** life.

TOO much experience, thankyou, especially with the mr2 to know the difference between handling and road holding, its not hard to understand is it, FFS!

TOO much experience, thankyou, especially with the mr2 to know the difference between handling and road holding, its not hard to understand is it, FFS!

Lads can we put an end to this please? for ubik's sake its like watching cctv footage of a fight in a homeless shelter, its just lost its funnyness.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links