Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2006 T3-x - Does The Stereo Support Cd Text?

bilbo--baggins

I'm about to buy a 2006 T3-X or T4 and have been looking into iPod kits. Some of them say it will display track name on the screen if your head unit supports it. Does this apply to the built in head unit?

The reason I ask is that in my old car I have an old Dension IceLink kit, which includes a Connects2 OEM to Sony multichanger adapter, and this connects to the IceLike (sony to iPod). It doesn't support on-screen display, but although I would need to get a Toyota version of the Connects2 OEM to Sony, I could move this kit to the Avensis. However, if the Avensis does support things like track names/playlists on screen, then I'd choose to buy a newer iPod kit.

Also, I've found details of a Toyota iPod integration kit on Toyota europe web site, but nothing on the UK site (and it was supposed to have been launched Sept 2007). Anyone know what the situation is in the UK? I bought my Dension IceLink kit 4 years ago for my Citroen - I cannot believe Toyota UK aren't pushing iPod compatibility.

I have an 04 T3-X. If i burn a CD from MP3 and play it, then i do get CD text for both track and album name but it doesn't work for normal CDs. I don't know if its just that normal CDs don't have the text on or not.

HTH

I've got 54reg Avensis (not Mp3 compatible) and the stereo's got CD text from CD player, but you won't have CD text from CD changer even if your CD changer supports it.

So if you buy any interface like connect2(which connects to cd changer slot), audio head unit won't support CD text.

I've bougth Audio link which is Mp3 player connected to cd changer slot and id tag (cd text) won't be displayed on radio's screen, just the track number.

Sorry for my English

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links