Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica St202 Ss-iii Specifications

emicen

OK, i know the SS-III came with super strut suspension a la ST205 and they had the LSD.

Early model year variants 96,97 etc seem to have the standard rear spoiler whilst the latter ones circa 98,99 have the WRC style high one (not sure how i feel about that, doesnt suit the car imho). Were there any other siginificant changes?

I know certain model SS-III's got the beams engine with 210hp in Japan spec, what model year did this start in?

This car could really scare the pants off some CTR boys! :P

I have never seen an SS3 without the Beams engine. I was under the impression that was what made the ss2 & 3 diffrent.

I think the ss3 also got the g-sensor ABS from the GT4 also :thumbsup:

Unfortunately dont expect it to take the Civic Type R boys to school in it. :( 0-60 cant be any quicker than 7secs really, late 6's at the best.

Drove one about 2 and a half years ago and it seems no faster than the ss2 in my honest opinion. Just seems a little move revvy

I have never seen an SS3 without the Beams engine. I was under the impression that was what made the ss2 & 3 diffrent.

I think the ss3 also got the g-sensor ABS from the GT4 also :thumbsup:

Unfortunately dont expect it to take the Civic Type R boys to school in it. :( 0-60 cant be any quicker than 7secs really, late 6's at the best.

Drove one about 2 and a half years ago and it seems no faster than the ss2 in my honest opinion. Just seems a little move revvy

Its the LSD that the SS-III has that'll make the difference.

On UK fuel it'll be putting out about 190-195 hp with our BS octane, but in this ubikry with its wet conditions and rough as ***** roads it'll have a blast off advantage similar to the handling advantage the Focus RS has due to its LSD.

The 6 speed CTR is better geared for the 0-60, but the Celica would munch it on country roads or a high speed run once the CTR's aerodynamics kill it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links