Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exhaust For A Celica Gt

shahidafridi

Hi all

Im in a bit of a pickle, not knowing much about cars (as you hve probably gathered) doesnt help!

Basically my exhaust has given up on me, luckily its only the back bit (or unluckily!), what I wanted to know was where can I purchase one from, and how much should this set me back, Toyota has said a brand new one will cost about 700! haha!! but obviously im thinking to get a sports one (will be cheaper!), or maybe I should just purchase the back box (as funds are tight!)

what im after is:

shall i buy the whole exhaust system or just the back componet?

where shall i purchase this from?

any other opinions /relevant info which i may have missed is most welcome, i have a 94 GT Import

The only problem with just getting the back box is that it may be difficult to separate the existing one without damaging the pipe.

You'll find a variety of aftermarket stainless options for half what Mr T is asking.

Or you could get a quote from Kwik-fit or similar.

Or if funds really tight look for a second hand one. I got a complete system for GT4; it had come off an imported R/C and the only problem with it was that the owner wanted a big bore stainless one. It was 15 years old and almost as good as new.

thanks for your reply

any links for these after market ons, and could you point me to the ones which will fit my celica?

the second hand option will take far too long and my MOT is due at the end of the month...eeek!!

The only problem with just getting the back box is that it may be difficult to separate the existing one without damaging the pipe.

You'll find a variety of aftermarket stainless options for half what Mr T is asking.

Or if funds really tight look for a second hand one. I got a complete system for GT4; it had come off an imported R/C and the only problem with it was that the owner wanted a big bore stainless one. It was 15 years old and almost as good as new.

thanks for your reply

any links for these after market ons, and could you point me to the ones which will fit my celica?

the second hand option will take far too long and my MOT is due at the end of the month...eeek!!

Powerflow (If you have a local branch) will do a complete system, depending on the year, before or after cat back, to almost any noise level you want and with a very slight increase in power for about 1/2 the Toy*** price. Guaranteed for the whole time you own the car too. Luv 'em Mike :wub:

a few companies sell a whole system for around 340 on eBay and other websites, if your looking for performance id go for a full system, ive only got a back box as i didnt want an expensive system as i was only after modifying my ST slightly didnt want to go over the top as was only planning on keeping it for a year or two.

if you dont want a performance system id check eBay for breakers selling exhaust systems.

Oh sorry missed out the best bit, The POWERFLOW system can be an uprated sport design if that's what you require, choice is yours really, full STAINLESS STEEL bespoke and fully fitted and sorted. Because my Celica is a pre K reg model I had the Cat removed, which meant an even better power increase and of course still legal and MOT proof too. A lot less than £340 in my case too. :P

Mike, go for it you know you want it. :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links